EXC 400

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
herman

Re: EXC 400

Post by herman »

Nico-D wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 am
herman wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 pm I have seen similar in a DRZ that was on it's side and running for a short while. TTRs are a very exclusive club don't you know :mrgreen:
That's interesting, oil starvation due to dry sump lubrication ? Mines been over only a couple of times, (it's not my main laning bike) can't remember if it stalled or kept running. Having said that , Dave R had a DRZ-E which spent most of it's life on it's side along with it's owner :lol:

The Beta likes to keep running when it's on its side as I'm fumbling around for kill button on the left hand bar which is buried in the mud.. :roll:
sometimes think dirt bikes should have a kill button on both bars. :evil:

Does TTR ownership require learning a special handshake ? :geek:
It is really hard to say that's what caused it , used bike, not the first owner etc. All I witnessed was it running on it's side in a Welsh bog for a bit then after a few minutes of lane it locked up. It ran after the lay down fine. We left him in a hick town (sorry the Welsh but it really was) and he met us that eve with many a tale of daring escapes. Oh and yes you need to be very special to ride a TTR, I am only at the first minor Deity level currently. :ugeek:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:24 pm
Nico was the link to lbc no good full motor for design 900 ish
The ad had been pulled when I clicked on the link but thanks anyway.

Have a great holiday, don't forget the photos.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Nico-D wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 am
herman wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 pm I have seen similar in a DRZ that was on it's side and running for a short while. TTRs are a very exclusive club don't you know :mrgreen:
That's interesting, oil starvation due to dry sump lubrication ? Mines been over only a couple of times, (it's not my main laning bike) can't remember if it stalled or kept running. Having said that , Dave R had a DRZ-E which spent most of it's life on it's side along with it's owner :lol:

The Beta likes to keep running when it's on its side as I'm fumbling around for kill button on the left hand bar which is buried in the mud.. :roll:
sometimes think dirt bikes should have a kill button on both bars. :evil:

Does TTR ownership require learning a special handshake ? :geek:
Nar.....you don't need a special handshake Nick.....but if you've got one it would help :lol: :lol:

Return to “TECHNICAL”