Beware of eBay bearings

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Beware of eBay bearings

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Got this today

Hello from your friends at Koyo

If it’s too good to be true…

Earlier this year over 500,000 fake and counterfeit motorbike parts were seized in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) ready for export to markets around the world. e-Bay recently released a warning about counterfeit parts that can be found on their site and there are hundreds of other stories out there that follow the maxim “if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is”.

At Koyo we know how dangerous fake and counterfeit products can be so we work hard to design, develop, engineer and produce bearings that meet the demands of daily use. We provide a quality that our customers can rely on and all our plants are ISO certified across the globe.

For OEM quality and reliability, remember to only purchase Koyo through our authorised outlets. Koyo - the benchmark in bearings.
Mikekitts81

Re: Beware of eBay bearings

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I've been using a company called simply bearings which are good and never had any troubles with them heard a lot of stories about all balls racing bearings of eBay and Amazon but I still often use there kits but do the same and make sure I get them from a reputable seller ... my last lot for my build the bottom were a bit flimsy and not to the grade I liked so searched simply bearings and they do different ones some which are in cases with rubber and some normal ones but the ones incased with rubber seem the dogs better than any kit I've seen ... just need to no the o.d sizes etc and can find most on there
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Q plate

Post by Q plate »

Might explain why my huskys just failed the mot on front bearings that havent done more than a few hundred mile tops.. sure they were genuine koyo via eBay :roll:
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I always get mine from the bearing shop up the road
Cheaper than eBay and always genuine koyo or skf
Stainless if you want too
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Yes,

If you are lucky enough to have a bearing factor near you, use it.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I first used this company in the 70s they still have an over the counter service in Nelson still family owned I believe?

www.onlinebearings.co.uk
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 am Yes,

If you are lucky enough to have a bearing factor near you, use it.
3 miles away, loads of bearings and seals
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
shercotoe

Post by shercotoe »

Just used Simply bearings for my swingarm & suspension on the sherco. Spoke to there tech dept before buying, great service. Ended up buying KOYO, a bit dearer than most but seem good quality & still cheaper than the local dealer .
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

There are a lot of cheap flaky bearings on Ebay, from small(ish) bearings right up to large double row car front wheel bearings. Now having struggled changing bearings ( I changed one car front wheel bearing 3 times in a year) more than I like to remember. It's well known supplier for me every time now. several have been named on here......
While we are at it .......... there are lots of flaky forged micro SD cards as well , so if your go-pro or phone starts playing up check out your card. I had one so called Samsung micro -SD that said 64GB was actually 3. And it wasn't even that cheap! Ebay not interested in the least.

Forged/ fake / counterfiet parts are a considerable problem for various industries, cars is bad enough , having a fake cam belt break is bad news, but just imagine aircraft engine parts failing in service.........
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

when the (Chinese+) fakes fist came out .. bags, rolex etc .. I thought it was quite funny

.. but now it has got serious .. and dangerous.

I am afraid to order anything now
.. hacked, fraud, money lost, bank account compromised, , substandard fraudulent parts :evil:

even going to a reputable dealer, you don't really know what u getting

Return to “TECHNICAL”