Mitas e10's

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
chunky butt

Mitas e10's

Post by chunky butt »

Any one tried mitas e10's or dakar, got them on offer here at mo......on road/off road?, and do they last ?.....thanks in advance
bikenav

Re: Mitas e10's

Post by bikenav »

on big bikes- gs12 i have only a little experience do not take it as scientific gospel.
E 10 Ordinary type rear appears to wear a fair bit quicker than the Karoo
E 10 makes more noise than Karoo but I run the E10's for trail use only and at low pressure so may be unfair comparison
possibly slightly more grip from front E10 than Karoo in some situations
Tend to nurse the E10 on the tar to save tread but had no problems wet or dry
Karoo very easy to home change
Karoo rear slides easily on the throttle -tried just to see, if you can afford the rubber but is fine in sensible road use conditions still nursing the E10
the anakee wild rear is very noisy compared to both used it only on a mainly dry easy trail trip to Spain I suspect similar mileage to Karoo so not a lot of experience to note other than very loud
MY VERDICT if good enough price give them a try(E10), similar price try something else but with tyres no two people have the same expectations or use hope this was of some help.
where did you see the good price?
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Cheers for that bikenav, they (e10's) look like a in between E07/E09 which for me 07 wear to quick, and 09 last for ever but are lousy in the soft stuff, I know everyone's rideing is different, but trying to find a good compromise. By the way 09 are great on dry stony trails.....saw them at 123pneu...
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

I have used them and the E9 and I love um. They give good mileage and I am amazed at the grip on dry roads. Offroad they do the job and last well. I rode to Kazakhstan and these tyres worked really well. I run them with heavy tubes and off road 16 psi front and 10 rear. On the road you can still get away with these pressures, I never had much more than 20 in the front and rear. Tough tyre. I recut them when at home and they last another 500 km. The fronts I prefer with a cut in the center block this helps off road a lot and did n't deter grip on the road. They can be a git to fit, but long levers and grinding off the lip on my wheels make it easier. Bike is a fully loaded 950 s. Oh and they are cheap!!!
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

E09's are a great tyre, got 10,500 km from last pare in moroc, just started squaring off, only changed them as my boy commandeered tenere for road trip, think pif got 17000km from his set :o , brill.......really just looking for some thing with bit more off road grip that lasts, I know its all a compromise ;) :D
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Steve they are proper shit e10 that is unless on a tank....e09 ard okay .....and surely the e07 arechat last ages as in phils tyres....you anglofrench are puddled...

Return to “TECHNICAL”