Dead Donk

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tramp

Re: Dead Donk

Post by Tramp »

Mate...learn how to check continuty in cabkes ..basically power in one end power out other...with a wiring diagram its easy...thats how i sorted the ccm wiring....plenty of vids on you tube....check connections and earths...they are the most common problem areas...
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

If the bike was working fine pre your soldering the wires the problem is in those areas you worked on.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I'll have a look Russ ,jsut at the mo it's doing me head in

Andi the problem started before the soldering but did get worse so will undo that tomz and see what happens
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Sometimes the kill switch works the other way round - open circuit to run and closed circuit to kill (pulls a pin on the ecu to earth) - ‘lectronix :(
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Thats my problem Charles " ‘lectronix :( " i'll have a last tinker tomoz and if no go i'll just swap the whole loom
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Well i just laid the other loom along side the first unplugging and plugging along their lenghts and still nothing :evil: WTF

Realy getting pissed off with this now so stepped back and bugger me the back lights on !!!! but then it faded out and off !!! bugger swapped fuses , little black box thingies and some dooooofffers and no light :evil:

Anyway it seems its not the loom thats the fix so put it all back to original , turned on the ignition and nothing ...........silly fucker i hadn't plugged the ignition conector in ......................this did take a good 10 mins of swearing to realise :oops:

Image20171112_142359 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

Got it plugged it and low and behold the dash lite up !!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON ??????? It didn't last :(

I have to say between all these efforts i DID CONSULT THE MANUAL !!!! ..............but to be honest it might aswell be writen in MANDARIN

So another 10 mins just staring at the Donk thinking "It has to be obvious " yeh right !!!!

Swapped the kill switch back to an un-bodged one .......................no differance so refitted the Philotech one

Image20171109_151941 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

"Step back and think".......................trust me , there's a load of shite in my head and it was hard :lol:

BUT HANG ON .......................................................when i swapped frames, everything went hunky dory , bike ran well for a good 2 or 3 hundred kms then the NEUTRAL light goes , check bulb, OK ,check conector,OK, but while looking i see the cable has worked its way into the back shock :o , must have crushed / cut a wire
Who cares if there's no little green light !!!! ran for a day or 5 and the kill switch started playing up ............................ here we are back to the begining , solder the switch

It was a last ditch effort for me , pull the clutch and check the neutral switch

Image20171112_142340 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

I'm getting used to opening this now !!! even did it without dropping the oil and only lost a couple of cup fulls

Image20171112_140116 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

This is what i found , blue wire ripped apart

Image20171112_140041 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

As you all i have D1 on the shelf so pulled the neutral switch and fitted it to D2

Re-did the switch saftey wire and banged everything back together

Image20171112_142513 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

Just finnished checking all the conections when Jax got home , called her in and asked her to push the starter with her magic finger :P

YES YES YES ..........................IT LIVES

Got there in the end , but its unreal how one little cut wire can give you so much work and i don't even want to know about the PHANTOM LIGHTS

:D Happy Phil :lol:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Great to see you got to it sorted, so did that damaged clutch sensor cable have the same effect as the clutch lever switch?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Glad you sorted it Phil, I couldn't stand the thought of a dead donkey

one-legged adventurer
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Cheers Bren , i assume it had the same effect but i've done away with every clutch lever switch i've ever had as soon as i get the bike , just chuffed it lives :twisted:

Thanks Bob , i do like a challange but this was a hard one but i couldn't let it beat me

Return to “TECHNICAL”