Dash cam advice please

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
fruit bat

Dash cam advice please

Post by fruit bat »

Hi all
Has anyone used the INNOVV dash cam system ? They look really discreet and much better than the only one offered by Nextbase. Any feedback would be good
NigelDG

Re: Dash cam advice please

Post by NigelDG »

I’ve had the C3 fitted to my bike for a year or so now. You are correct it is very discreet and I have it wired to the ignition so it comes on / goes off with the ignition. It produces good video in all light conditions with a wide angle shot. My only but is that the software to set it up is very fluffy. Mine will not record for more than 30 mins despite being set up for continuous recording and to overwrite the oldest clips. I am pretty savvy with tech and have struggled with this. Mine is now 2 years old so they may have developed since mine was released.
herman

Post by herman »

Not had much luck with the nextbase cameras myself they have all (3) been pretty unreliable.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
helmik

Post by helmik »

I’ve got the K1 set on my Explorer, one front one back, the DVR is under the seat. It all went on easily, once I had figured out the instructions it all works fine. I’ve not had any problems, easy to fit.
Let me know if you need any specific info
Cheers
Mick
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

herman wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm Not had much luck with the nextbase cameras myself they have all (3) been pretty unreliable.
We had two nextbase cameras. One was faulty out of the box and replaced, both failed within the year and changed to Garmin which have been faultless.
Support from Nextbase was pretty much non existent, luckily I bought them from Costco so no issue returning them.
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Not used the INNOVV camera system but the fact it’s been designed with an intended use rather than adopting to make it fit gets a thumbs up from me.
What kind of costs are involved in these systems?
Nate

Post by Nate »

I found tech moan reviews very informative. He reviews and shows the trials on many bike cams. I haven't decided which to use yet tho :?

http://www.techmoan.com/
Nate

Post by Nate »

helmik wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:33 pm I’ve got the K1 set on my Explorer, one front one back, the DVR is under the seat. It all went on easily, once I had figured out the instructions it all works fine. I’ve not had any problems, easy to fit.
Let me know if you need any specific info
Cheers
Mick
This looks like a good setup Mick. Where did you buy yours from? (Can't find the motorcycle version on Fleabay)

Cheers
helmik

Post by helmik »

Sorry, only just seen this and I’m away until Sunday, I will check and let you know then. I think I bought direct,, googled the kit and bought it online but I will check.
Cheers
Mick
helmik

Post by helmik »

Hi,
Sorry, forgot about this.
I did buy direct from Innov, I googled the kit, ordered from their website and delivery took about 6 days. Fitting took about 2 hours but only because I’m finicky about getting it right and looking neat.
Quality of video is good, I don’t have the sound turned on so my vids are silent!!
The DVR unit sits under the seat but is not wTerproof so mines in a plastic bag and a small dry bag in case. I leave it on all the time and damp has not affected it yet. You can set it to still video for a while after parking if you want.
Hope that helps but happy to give any more assistance, depending where you are I can visit and help with fitting if it helps.
Cheers
Mick.

Return to “TECHNICAL”