UK supplier for Suzuki DR650 Carb kit??

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Andi_Archer

Re: UK supplier for Suzuki DR650 Carb kit??

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yay Winner Winner Chicken Diner she lives :D
I changed out the main with a new 140 and the low speed jet with a new one same size as the old jet. set the mix screw at 1 1/2 turns.
Installed a new needle from the kit which doesn't look as pointed and needle as the one installed plus the needle guide from the kit. On starting it ran fine at high revs but bogged down at low speed so I changed back to the old needle......

BAM that fixed it runs sweat as a nut and pulls like a train, no popping or misfires even on deceleration

I changed all the fluids yesterday but didn't know I needed a tool to remove the front fork internals until I looked on YouTube [the Pan Europeans just come out without the need for one]. Ah well new fluid installed and back together though it seems a bit soft at the front plus I noticed there are two spacers in each for some reason so may need to look at that again.

The new Acerbis sump plate arrived to really looks the biz anybody know a cheapish place to get the side case protectors?

The old rear brake fluid looked a tad Noir must be a Goth thing :o

New boots too TKC80s I must be getting better it only took me an hour each tyre and no nip punctures 8-)

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ref side engine case guards...i could only find a guy on ebay selling drz400 ones , i sent a.message but no reply.

They are chinese copys so should be.okay...i still need some and they fit the ccm644 and xf650 so a.market in uk if someone has a press maybe someone cleverer than me can get a template made..

Glad the carbs sorted...
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Ref case guards, I bought mine for my first bike here, easy company to deal with and best of all didn't get clobbered for import duty or stuck in customs for days.

https://bboffroad.com.au/shop-by-bike/s ... -pair.html
one-legged adventurer
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Thanks peeps.

Damn £50 for two bit of plate ERK! :o

Return to “TECHNICAL”