Tyres but not the usual which are best question

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
bowber

Re: Tyres but not the usual which are best question

Post by bowber »

I seem to remember that a load rating used to be an indication that they were road legal but modern tyres do tend to have the MST (multi surface tyre?) and/or an E mark.
To be honest I'd not bother as they're most likely be crap and you're not really saving much in the long run, get a set of Maxxis IT's for £90 off Ebay.

Steve
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Been looking at ac10s but also been looking at the golden tyre 723 ...
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

ac 10 on the front is a sure way to hit the ground on a wet road , not bad on the rear . sixday is a better tyre for sure
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

the army 644 people say is good on the front aswell but its mostly for off road riding iam looking at now looking at doing some atrc events etc that's why I was swaying to the ac10s at the minute I run a k60 on front and a scorpion mt on the back and I have been more than happy with it a little slide on grass side to side but nothing I cant handle the odd time the front may wont to slide in the mud and go from under me but up to now they have kept me upright most of the time my only fall this year was on a cobble road that was full of moss and mold and as soon as I tapped the brakes the front left me and I went down I don't think any tire in the world would have save me on that day thou .
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .

Return to “TECHNICAL”