Which Beta models use the dr350 engine?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Mad Hatter

Which Beta models use the dr350 engine?

Post by Mad Hatter »

Ok this is a bit of a random one and for hopefully no reason :roll:

Basically I stacked the bike and I've done some damage to my left wrist, hopefully not a lot but it was a week and a half ago and it still hurts like hell if I try and use my hand. Apparently I haven't broken my wrist or anything but I won't know more until next Thursday if then, I've got some time off from work to get over the limp and get my hand working a bit better again and I'm going out if my mind with boredom, its only been a few days and I've got 2 weeks off. The joys of being an engineer :shock:

Anyway, I started having a think about auto clutches, Ive got a 98 dr350se and can't find anyone that made one for it. I've found some mention of people using ones that fit the drz400 but nothing specifically for the Dr.

And then I had an only slightly tangential thought (a rare occurrence for me) about beta bikes, I know that the beta alp 4.0 uses the dr350 engine but that's not listed on the recluse website but there are other 350 and 400 models listed.

So basically after all that waffle it boils down to, are there any other beta models apart from the alp 4.0 that use the dr350 engine?
Hugh

Re: Which Beta models use the dr350 engine?

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

It might be worth your speaking with the good folks over at John Lampkin Imports on 01756 793521 as they are Beta dealers and very helpful in the supply of parts to me as when required.

Try contacting Johnnyboxer through this website as he is very knowledgeable about Beta so he might know something too.

TTFN

Hugh.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Alright cheers mate, I may give them a ring at some point.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Beat Alp 4.0 and the Beta 350 Euro Cruiser, sometimes strangely called the 'Jonathan' :cry:

http://moto.zombdrive.com/beta/2004-bet ... uiser.html
one-legged adventurer
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Give the wrist time to heal....and find out exactly whats damaged...bones,ligaments or tendons.

Its complex and with lots of prodding and exercisevit will get better...my double fracture and dislocation took 12 mnths to get trail ride fit,after 2 years its now fully back to strength...

But id do have a spasam which causes me to drop things...that cant be fixed unfortunately...
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

You could be getting confused with the Beta enduro bikes having a Rekluse clutch available. They used to use the KTM engines until about 5 or 6 years ago but then developed their own engines.
Lampkins are the people to talk to.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

I'll have a mooch Bob and see what I can dig up about the "Johnathon" :shock: :shock:

I'll probably have a chat with them tonibe, I'm missing the thumbs up emoji think we used to have :(

Tramp its not as serious as yours was, and I doubt I've done too much damage I just hate not being able to do the normal stuff I do. I know i need to let it heal and keep getting reminded by the Mrs as she's a medico type, and I'm certainly planning on giving it my all to get it better, dropping things could lead to a very bad day at work so it needs to be alright. This is more just a boredom thing atm as I've got nothing to do but watch TV or read and I can't work on the bikes as everything that needs doing either requires 2 hand or the machine shop at work :(

Although I do have a friend's bike to try and diagnose and electrical problem on via text so that should help a bit :lol:

Return to “TECHNICAL”