Sorry it's tyres again

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
sid.

Sorry it's tyres again

Post by sid. »

Ktm 950 adv, first choice was anakee 3's but not in my size apparently, so I've decided on conti trail attack 2's. Done a search for best deal, my tyre / blackcircle. and they are coming up "TL" which is tubeless but mine are tubed. Any advice please. Cheers sid.
Dansin

Re: Sorry it's tyres again

Post by Dansin »

Tubes in tubeless tyres is fine (as far as I'm concerned). I've never batted an eyelid about fitting tubes in TL tyres. Not had an issue on road or off road, at low pressure or at motorway speeds.
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

I've had Michelin UHD (4mm thick) tubes in my tyres (crf1000) since a blowout last year in spain. Tyre needed replacing and i ended up fitting a rear Conti trail attack 2 and plumped for the UHD tube. Done near enough 7K miles since then without any problems at all, in fact i just had a new one put on for another week in spain starting from friday.
(i also fitted a TA2 front with UHD tube around November so thats still ok)
No reason not to do it imho
ian
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

As said, it's not a problem.
The OE fit tyres for that bike were 'tubless type' and came fitted with tubes.
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

I have Conti Trail attacks on my 950 road wheels with tubes.
What I will say though is, when ragging it continuously for a fair whack of miles on an hot day, the tubes somehow deflate as I've had it happen and after replacing the tube at roadside then riding home where I set about fixing the puncture, I found no leak. I put the tube back in and ragged it again the next day but got no leak and I'm quite sure that the same tube is still in there over 2yrs later although with very few miles as I had a lay off the bike, it was fine today. God knows what caused it.
sid.

Post by sid. »

Thanks for the replies, had my suspicions that it would be ok but nice to get other opinions. Funny you should mention this i've had similar experience of this, as i work away ihe bike is sometimes in the garage for weeks at a time, was going to put new tubes in same tiime as doing the tyres will keep an eye on this. .
BlueUK wrote:I have Conti Trail attacks on my 950 road wheels with tubes.
What I will say though is, when ragging it continuously for a fair whack of miles on an hot day, the tubes somehow deflate as I've had it happen and after replacing the tube at roadside then riding home where I set about fixing the puncture, I found no leak. I put the tube back in and ragged it again the next day but got no leak and I'm quite sure that the same tube is still in there over 2yrs later although with very few miles as I had a lay off the bike, it was fine today. God knows what caused it.

Return to “TECHNICAL”