Motorcycle Dashcam

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
devonuk

Re: Motorcycle Dashcam

Post by devonuk »

Yes it would be considered as part of "best evidence" and thus could be used in Court. However, all that is recorded could be obtained by the defence via the disclosure process and boy look out then if there are indiscretions on your part!!
skygod

Post by skygod »

Ive been using this for a week now and the footage is great so far. Got it mounted on my 1190 on the right side fog light. Very wide angle so you get the whole road and curb in. Already filmed 2 road rage events and a couple of near misses!!
http://www.adventurebikewarehouse.com/e ... D=35779584
The great philosopher Keating once said:

"Life`s a roller coaster, you just have to ride it".
fw750x

Post by fw750x »

Hi Andi Archer Did you get the Dash Cam Yet and if you have what do you think about Build Quality Picture Quality etc. Cheers Francis
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

I always have my helmet mounted camera on when I'm on my bike and I've even put one in the car as well.
When a car pulled out across a junction in front of me and wrote off my MT-07 Tracer I sent the clip to my insurance and it was very useful in proving my case.
I tried to send it to the Police, but even the short clip was too big for their email system, so not sure they are too bothered.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

fw750x wrote:Hi Andi Archer Did you get the Dash Cam Yet and if you have what do you think about Build Quality Picture Quality etc. Cheers Francis
Hi Bud err..... I did but the first DVR unit had a fault and kept powering down and rebooting and when fitted to the bike with everything connected it failed to power on at all.
After asking for a video of the problem they asked me to send it back but as I had another on order for the other bike I waited for this to arrive as I wanted to make sure this was the only fault.

I pre-tested the new DVR on the USB cable provided and it worked put it on the prefitted unit on the bike nada nothing.Ended up checking the new DVR with new power supply and it worked.So I swapped out power pack fitted to the bike and connected GPS in-line and it again failed to power up.

So I tested with USB power pack and the DVR powered up......

Long story but the short of it was
1 Faulty DVR
2 Failed power packs
1 Faulty GPS unit [which appear to have caused the power packs to fail]
1 very unhappy customer.

Anyhow,,,,,, Ive ebayed another 3amp power supply and now have one working system at present mounted under the rear seat.

I`ll upload a video when I get a chance
EDIT

o]
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

SkyGod - with the Bullett unit you have - once wired in - can you leave it on - so its fit and forget?
Really, I'd like something I don't need to remember to switch on or off everything I get on the bike. (Obviously, I'd need to remember to turn it off when away touring, but at home, I plug my bike into an optimizer at night).
A lot of the car ones are fit and forget - and you just turn it off after an accident or incident so it doesn't overloop your evidence.
I'd forget to turn the bugger on! :woohoo:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
fw750x

Post by fw750x »

Cheers for the Reply Andi , With the Problems you have Had with this Dashcam I think i will give it a Miss,Hope you get it Sorted with New Parts that will work or a Refund.Cheers Francis
MattCrane

Post by MattCrane »

Highly recommend the Roadhawk cameras I fitted one to my GSA ran the switched live off a piggyback fuse holder powered by the fog lights so leave them switched on and every time I start the bike the camera starts recording with no other input from me.......

Runs on a loop as well so when the card gets full it just writes over the oldest file first.
viince

Post by viince »

i've just ordered one of these,
had a previous version found it to be ok ,
this one records on two chanels so front view only or rear view is possible
also split screen showing both at once
cameras are waterproof,
control box needs to be in a waterproof container
will post up when it arrives
as it is on a slow boat from china :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Mo ... 1ec7f8f481

cheers vince ;)
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (33.34 KiB) Viewed 4816 times
s-l500 (1).jpg
s-l500 (1).jpg (39.02 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

That looks to be similar to the U.S. dual camera model though at 0.3 mega pixel the image isnt going to be great.It will be intersting to see a video from the device.

Return to “TECHNICAL”