Slime tubeless sealant

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
west coast ratter

Slime tubeless sealant

Post by west coast ratter »

cHowdo folks had a nail the rear tourance on my R1100GS yesterday so took it in to bike shop to get it plugged ..plugged ok mechanic said there was another small puncture bout the size of a panel pin near where the plug is mechanic said he cant plug it cos its to close to the plug but he said its not losing a great ampount of air ..I think it would prolly take a week to really go flat ..so Im thinking firing in some Slime for tubeless tyres in to seal the small puncture ..the tyre has about 4mm/5mm of tread still left so dont want to throw it away ... Anybody on here used the Slime sealant for tubeless tyres ? cheers :)
Andi_Archer

Re: Slime tubeless sealant

Post by Andi_Archer »

Lots of differnt products like Goop and Punturesafe but if you have tyre pressure sensors fitted you need to check the small print
oldoak

Post by oldoak »

used goop in tubed bike tyres. no punctures in 5 year of use and over 30000miles of on/off road.

used it in a tubeless transit van doing tree surgery/ forestry work where punctures were depressingly common. No punctures after starting to use it.

It won't sort the really weird side wall slits etc but it does deal with the most common punctures.
jkay

Post by jkay »

Have used slime in enduros,ride on lean mower and off road mountain biking with no punctures or problems 10 out of 10 from me
Speedofile

Post by Speedofile »

We used Goop last year going through Africa and I must say that it save a friend of mine, twice on the journey! I would go with that.
west coast ratter

Post by west coast ratter »

Was that in tubed or tubeless tyres ??
Speedofile

Post by Speedofile »

We were using tubes in the tyres...to be fair, we also took spare tubes, just in case, but never needed them. :)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

used slime in a tubeless tyre to fix a puncture 15yrs ago when i was despatch riding 9000miles ( till tyre wore out ) no problems at all ( yamaha xj900 ) never needed to get it repaired.
used a cheaper product on a tubed tyre ( gt550 ) and it sliped the trye off the rim on the m25
always carry a bottle of slime and a compressor now where ever i go

and all the bollocks about cant repair a tyre that has been slimed is just that

Return to “TECHNICAL”