Bike seal ..... Good quality or not

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
paul_tim2000

Re: Bike seal ..... Good quality or not

Post by paul_tim2000 »

Wait until it gets into the valve stem, especially with right angled valves, and solidifies so you can't get air into the tyre :angry:
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

http://bikeseal.co.uk/ come across this today and it seems to be a good product that many people on here may benefit from ...as cheap as a puncture repair ... military tested original used at nasa to plug space suits so most be worth while if we believe this ...but the demo seems great and seems it would stop a lot of them dreaded punctures people have ..... But is the quality really that good I gonna try in my next tyres wen they arrive and see if it's as good as it says ...

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I've used "slime" in offroad tubes--and occasionally I've taken the complete valve core out and its still held pressure--the very act of checking pressures etc gets it into the valve. It also builds up around the core seat so you end up with a slow leak--but a bit of prodding with a thin stick and cleaning up the core seat fixes it. It it can take a blackthorn or similar and keep you moving on the trail then its well worth it in my opinion.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Wouldn't the bike need to be garaged for a long time for that to happen ???? As it's water based and always mixing wen moving so for the sediment to form up in the valve wouldn't it need to be motion less for a long time ... seems good stuff to me ... and can only try it ...

Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I have looked at slime myself as wen I was a bike mechanic for Raleigh it come out then and many people used it on push bikes but bike seal seems a bit more advanced to me slime wouldn't seal a 15mm hole like this stuff ... in the videos it shows the tyres been stabbed with screw drivers or hole punches not sure but it doesn't show a tube being done ... just I can't see it being same on tube as a tubeless tyre ... I am gonna try anyway I am due to fit 2 new rim tapes tubes and tck80s soon so will try and see how it goes ...

Desmo

Post by Desmo »

Hi Mike
We used bike seal on a 8000 mile trip around Argentina, Bolivia ,Peru ,Chile

it did what it was supposed to no punctures, I will use it again.
Desmo
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

Remember seeing this at national bike safe, will get some now i think as i have the DR and Tubed tyres whereas the road bike i have always carried plugs and co2 canisters.

Return to “TECHNICAL”