Zumo 660 and navigator v power supply are they the same ?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
cocker

Zumo 660 and navigator v power supply are they the same ?

Post by cocker »

Is the power supply which goes in the back of a garmin 660 the same as the power supply that goes in the back of a navigator v ?? And if it is does anyone have a spare one to sell thanks ??
phillh

Re: Zumo 660 and navigator v power supply are they the same ?

Post by phillh »

I have just sold my GSA and I kept the Nav V Satnav for my new bike so I can answer this.

Yes, the Garmin Zumo 660 Mount does fit the Nav V. They are available on ebay :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Garmi ... Swx6pYoKTN

Obviously, it just works as a satnav, you cant get the bike performance functions.

If you get one, make sure it locks in correctly, there have been instances when they have not locked properly and have fallen off.
cocker

Post by cocker »

Great stuff thank you I did exactly the same as you and I would like to put the nav v on my zzr1400 il buy the 660 mount as you say as I thought some functions would not work thanks for clearing that question up for me
phillh

Post by phillh »

I wired it to the front right side light that is permanently on with the ignition (on my zzr1400), the garmin has a very small current draw and that was the nearest suitable power source I could find. It works fine (thumbs)
cocker

Post by cocker »

What a coincidence did you mount the sat nav with this same method I'm going to now use ? By using a ram ball I the centre of the bars ?? If at some point you could show me a couple of pics I would be very greatfull many thanks for your help
phillh

Post by phillh »

I had a waterproof satnav zip case for another bike that fitted in the handlebar stem. I ditched the bag, drilled holes in the plastic mounting plate and screwed the garmin mount to it. If the photo loads, it looks like this:-

zzrsatnav.jpeg
zzrsatnav.jpeg (48.09 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
cocker

Post by cocker »

That's great thanks for that

Return to “TECHNICAL”