Tyres and security bolts for CCM

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Jak*

Tyres and security bolts for CCM

Post by Jak* »

Hi I have done about 4500 miles on the CCM now and the OE Heidenau tyres have about had it. I have a brand new Mitas C 21 in the standard size sitting in my garage which I was going to fit along with a C 02 for the back. Does anyone know whether these will fit straight on without mucking about with mudguards, chains and sprockets etc? I remember when I fitted a set to my Serow I had to change the chain and sprocket otherwise it would not clear the rear mudguard. It looks like there would not be much clearance on the front guard on the CCM to me. If they will not fit what would anyone recommend? Have other people fitted security bolts or do you not bother. I do not remember seeing any on the bikes at the factory including their competition bikes. I mostly do trails around the peaks and use the bike for commuting. I have had the Mitas tyres on the Serow and other bikes before and found them great off road and okay on.
Thanks Jak
Richard Simpson

Re: Tyres and security bolts for CCM

Post by Richard Simpson »

If the bikes are using mouses (not street legal, BTW) then they won't need security bolts.

If you fit security bolt then, top tip, try to get hold of genuine Honda ones. they are the best I've found.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i know sid used a c02 i9n bulgaria last year with no bother ..ive used maxxis and unicross on the rear and they are big sidwall tyres and fit in ...the mudguard will clear .. wet clay is really yout only enemy but its rare to come accross on uk trails ...
you can see the chain adjuster is fairly far forward and the tyre fits ok

i cant see any reason a c02 wont fit

clamps i use em on the rear as if a 50hp bike spins up with a c02 on you may need a bit of help ..if you dont run clamps keep em at 20 or above and they shoul stay put ok ..
ImageDSC_0172 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Thanks for the replies, I am sure that my rear tyre is a 120/80 18 yet CCM list a 120/90 18. Which is correct?
Thanks Jak
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

both dont worry the diffrence is small ...the 80 stands for 80 percent of the width ie 120 x 80 percent 96ml height 120x 90percent 108ml ..the 90 will sit taller
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “TECHNICAL”