Is there such a thing as a perfect adventure tyre

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Mikekitts81

Is there such a thing as a perfect adventure tyre

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I been doing a lot of research on tyres lately trying to find the best tyre for an adventure bike and came across the mefo super Explorer which as been rated better than the continental tck 80 .. And the Sahara 3 ... it's a Germany tyre constructed with a thick side wall to help stop all the nicks and punctures one may get on the lanes and tread similar to a tck80 but runs a lot smoother on the roads and motorways for a comfortable ride its said to performs really well on the wet grass gravels and stones and sticks to the road well in the rain better than the tck 80s and Sahara 3 but then I read up about the anakee 3 and these are said to be good tyres aswell and read about the tck80s and the same etc and I think am I really getting into a marketing ploy here and everyone is trying to tell me there tyres better than everyone elses ...spend some cash with us ... Ive read really good reviews on the mefo Explorer and it reminds me of the days I had my land rover and I'd see people with the Explorer tyres on then big knobblys to eat through the mud and stick to any surface on the lanes and I think to myself is this the motorcycle equivalent to the meaty Explorer tyre for the land rovers ..anyway I see the mefos sport super Explorer and wonder why I don't here about it a lot on here or anywhere really then I start think is it cause it's German and it's hard to come by or is it really that bad that no one will touch it ... then I start to think again is it a marketing ploy to get me to buy and is it really that good... well I think the only way to find out is buy one and see ... feel free to comment to if you have used one or had an experience with one ...one is always interested in other people's views as long as it's real life views and not just marketing ploy ... lol ...

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Brads

Re: Is there such a thing as a perfect adventure tyre

Post by Brads »

K60`s
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I say no as they are all a compromise.

Tyres that are good for the road are crap in mud...and really good off road tyres are bad and short lived on the road.

Whatever you choose it will not be perfect.

I like the K60.. good on road and good off but not in the wet or mud in anyway.

My 950 had Dunlop 908s fitted...just awesome in the mud but really poor on road.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

I've got the Super Explorer on the back of my 950 KTM and the Sport Explorer on the front.

They are a long-lasting tyre and reasonably affordable. Not the best on the road or off it, but probably the best compromise for a big bike.

https://www.zenoverland.com/tyres_tubes.html

Knobbly tyres (Pirelli MT21, for example) better in mud, but toast after a couple of thousand miles of fast road riding.

If you don't intend going off tarmac, then road pattern tyres are better.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

You'll only find the perfect adventure tyre fitted to the perfect adventure bike at the end of the perfect adventure. :whistle:
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

I have a nice set of all season van tyres fitted to my van. I put my bike in the back of the van with nice tyres suited to the trails. Suits me sir.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Karoo3's
IMG_1347.JPG
IMG_1347.JPG (84.88 KiB) Viewed 2693 times
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

+1 for Karoo 3, I find I can get about 5000miles from a pair and good on both surfaces (thumbs)
dave h

Post by dave h »

i chose Michelin anakee wilds [taking the ktm on the rb5 in june] good millage reports also for these tyres, only had a quick test so far but all good was concerned about road noise but not bad.

Dave.

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Your pannier rails and topbox have seen some action (thumbs)

Return to “TECHNICAL”