spped camera Switzerland

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
philipjgordon

spped camera Switzerland

Post by philipjgordon »

need some advice re actions

just received a letter from Swiss police indicating 24kph over in a 50kph zone with pics supplied. Was back in 29 Aug 2015.

they want driver information supplied. I would like to return for trips. their web site states 21-25 km/h could be a Summons and a one month ban,

has anyone any experience and experience of dealing with swiss authorities on this matter

cheers
skipper

Re: spped camera Switzerland

Post by skipper »

give them driver info from someone very far away.
YOSHIWOLVES

Post by YOSHIWOLVES »

over a year and a half ago !! , I would ignore it..
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Not in the EU, so no agreement for DVLA to sell- sorry, I meant ' provide' them with your details.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

But they already have the registered keepers details.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Personally I wouldn't take any notice of that, how can they expect you to remember if that was you on that road 18 months ago, someone may have cloned your reg plate?
one-legged adventurer
philipjgordon

Post by philipjgordon »

they must have an agreement with dvla hence the letter --- ive heard they now use anpr --- so id have to change bikes --- if ever passport check big fines can come my way

not aware of expiry of them chasing people - need more solid proof of how they work
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

As l do a few trips each year to the EU in the car l googled this & there is an agreement called EUCARIS that links EU countries vehicle databases which countries use to trace drivers plenty about it on fedpol.admin.ch but in all fairness l would ignore it after all this time or contact the Swiss embassy maybe?
Let's face it if you rec a letter from Police in UK after 18 months you'd burst out laughing :laugh:
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

You can receive a summons for certain motoring offences in the UK 6 months after the event. The Swiss may have a longer timescale with which to prosecute. By avoiding it, you run the risk of annoying the next owner should they take a trip there and find themselves arrested at the border for a crime they didn't commit.

It wasn't that long ago someone posted an image of a head with a foil cap when I suggested that other countries would pursue you for a motoring offence. Would that person wear the dunces hat for a week. :evil:
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

My understanding, from a German I was talking to last summer, is that the Swiss courts take your speed over the limit and your income into account when fining you for speeding. If you earn a lot you can be talking tens of thousands if it was a lot of the limit.
Whilst if you were in the U.K. you may legitimately be able to claim you do not know who was riding your bike, how often do you let someone else ride your bike when abroad?
Cheers Jak

Return to “TECHNICAL”