Don't you feel a pill**k

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
lancashirelad

Don't you feel a pill**k

Post by lancashirelad »

So l'm messing with the MG in the garage this aft when l thought I'll see if the CCM will start as l'm going to change the oil so will need it running & it hasn't run for a while, so key in press the button....nothing....so l get the jump leads connect them to the MG then the bike....nothing....so l stood there contemplating for a while, then checked if it was in gear, it was, knocked it into neutral, pressed the button and it spun over & started :blush: :blush:
Glad there was only me there!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
boatman

Re: Don't you feel a pill**k

Post by boatman »

These things have all been done before :whistle:
herman

Post by herman »

I once pushed a nighthawk up and down the road until I nearly passed out before realizing the kill switch was off. :angry:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I can beat that :(

Did an oil and filter change on my digger !!! out with the drain plug and let it drain into a bowl , turned my back for 1 min , bowl tipped up, over a gallon of black shite on the deck :S

Cleaned it up , fit new filter , phone rang !!! talk to client ,poared 1 gall new oil in , DIDN'T REPLACE DRAIN PLUG :ohmy:
1 gall good oil on the deck !!!!!

Went for a beer and took an hour off :laugh:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Saw a guy in a car park trying to kick start his old Honda XL for an age. Thought he was going to have a heart attack. Missus looked like she was about to blow a gasket, feeling sorry for him I walked over tentatively to see if their was anything I could to help. After brief conservation I jumped on bike flicked the kill switch, turned the fuel on and after one kick the bike started.
The look on the guys face was priceless. His missus though just laughed and called him a f*&king pillock. I dont think she would of let him live that down for a very long time.
Easy done :whistle:
I went for a ride with Tramp a couple of years back after lunch jumped on bike but it kept dying on me start it put it into gear and it died. After 5-6 attempts realised I still had side stand down. Russ was just chuckling away to himself till I had figured it out myself
leathers999

Post by leathers999 »

I have sympathy! I happen to be the most ham fisted idiot to ever hold a spanner in their hand . A friend of mine calls me a "mechanical nincumpoop" and unfortunately I can't disagree :blink:
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

zimtim wrote:Saw a guy in a car park trying to kick start his old Honda XL for an age. Thought he was going to have a heart attack. Missus looked like she was about to blow a gasket, feeling sorry for him I walked over tentatively to see if their was anything I could to help. After brief conservation I jumped on bike flicked the kill switch, turned the fuel on and after one kick the bike started.
The look on the guys face was priceless. His missus though just laughed and called him a f*&king pillock. I dont think she would of let him live that down for a very long time.
Easy done :whistle:
I went for a ride with Tramp a couple of years back after lunch jumped on bike but it kept dying on me start it put it into gear and it died. After 5-6 attempts realised I still had side stand down. Russ was just chuckling away to himself till I had figured it out myself
I have been a kill switch victim on an old transalp, more than once :blush:
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
KN0BBY

Post by KN0BBY »

A long time ago in a land far far away, having justI finished putting the clutch back in my KX250, I sat down, rolled a fat one and noticed a small disc shaped thing with a hole in the middle that looked suspiciously like a........ oh bollox!!!

An hour later side casing off clutch diss-assembled and re-assembled, casing bolted up, oil back in..sorted

...whats that small disc shaped thing with a hole in the middle, laying on the floor??!!1...oh FFS!!!!!
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Sidestand
Kill switch
Petrol tap

Yep I have the T-shirt and the later one is the worst because two of my bikes dont have them so I get out of the habit of turning them on.

Oh another is I have an older BMW and a newer one.The newer bike has the horn on the left lower the older its the left indicator..... :laugh: :pinch:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

In January we took advantage of a break in the weather to do our twice yearly shopping spree in Andorra, so we didn't wait to have a quarter full tank as usual as the saving on fuel pays for the whole trip - about 200 kms there and back - if I fill up from empty when I get there.

We hate the place - especially the terrible drivers - so plan our itinerary carefully, driving as far as we need to go and them work our way back down to the huge Leclerc department store a few hundred metres from the frontier but in this case starting at a big Repsol garage next to the original Motocard shop, which is in a grassy lot next door.

Even in Andorra Repsol fuel is more expensive than the rest, but I usually fill with that to give the car a break from the cruddy diesel that we usually get at the supermarkets, but out of habit I kept an eye on the prices at the numerous other filling station along the road; €0.96, €0.97, €0.95, etc. etc.

So as we did a U turn into Repsol, which is on the 'down' side of the road we were still talking about other stuff, including a last minute plan for Mrs S to take the dog, who was beginning to go cross-eyed, down into Motocard while I filled up and bought some cake and stuff in the shop for breakfast as we'd literally decided on the trip when we woke up at 06.30.

So far so good, but with the numbers still in mind I pulled up alongside the 95 Octane pump ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “TECHNICAL”