Crap headlights.

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Andi_Archer

Re: Crap headlights.

Post by Andi_Archer »

In some bikes theres quite a voltage drop to the lights and its sometimes helpful to add a relay and a wire direct to the battery via an inline fuse.This said a decent LED bulb draws less power and is more tollerant of voltage loses and wont burn the coating off your headlight like a HID can.
It depends on the budget as there are some good information on bulbs on many bike forums, a cheap alternative you could try is this one

I recently purchased an Auxbeam NF-03 direct from them here for my DRZ 400 and its way better than the standard bulb.I paid $48 inc postage for the pair.These dont require an external ballast like other LEDS.

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

catcitrus wrote:My 2007 tiger 1050 had crap prefocus lights--replaced with HIDs--complex and not much better +1 on Chinese LEDs--big difference--the decent fan cooled ones with just one or two chips to be at the focal point of the lense. Half the power consumption and pass the MOT beam cut off ok--all my bikes have LED main bulbs now--H4 combined dip and main, and H7 and H9. Even cars come with LED main lights as standard now.

Without a buy it now link the post is useless lol (thumbs)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Tramp wrote:
catcitrus wrote:My 2007 tiger 1050 had crap prefocus lights--replaced with HIDs--complex and not much better +1 on Chinese LEDs--big difference--the decent fan cooled ones with just one or two chips to be at the focal point of the lense. Half the power consumption and pass the MOT beam cut off ok--all my bikes have LED main bulbs now--H4 combined dip and main, and H7 and H9. Even cars come with LED main lights as standard now.

Without a buy it now link the post is useless lol (thumbs)
A bit picky aren't we (if you are actually serious!)--in fact your post is useless also--I was merely reinforcing the use of cheap Chinese LEDs--and there are lots to choose from--I sometimes wonder why people bother!
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Cyclops LEDs seem to have good reviews from bikers https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/ ... bulbs.html
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Uncle Buck wrote:
Sanqhar wrote:If it hasn't got a relay in the headlight circuit, fit one.

Tom
What does this do?
A relay is an electrically operated switch, so the current can go straight to the headlight direct, instead of going through the ignition switch and the dipswitch first. The dipswitch feed switches the relay. You should get the full voltage and therefore brighter lights.
Cone

Post by Cone »

I just fixed my crap head lights :P on my f800

Return to “TECHNICAL”