ECU hack

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
oldoak

ECU hack

Post by oldoak »

I've been rather blown away by the recent upgrade I made to my Aprilia Peagso Trail using the Minnarelli 660 engine (Yamaha).

There has been a lot of talk on this on the Peagso Forum and after 5 years with my bike I fancied a change. I wouldn't fit on any other bike and so It was a bit of an internal transplant needed.

fitted some Mivv cans for a reduction in weight and a bit of annoying the neighbours, (and everyone), and then sent the ECU to renound ECU hacker Spiros Samios in Greece.

Spiros has had quite a bit of experience with this ECU and his results were pretty fantastic. Total smooth throttle delivery, SAS disabled, so when you close the throttle you don't get hit by a bus, an extra 2bhp on the top end, now extended to 7850 rather than 7000, a massive improvement to mid range power, allowing yo to tootle at 2500rpm and pick up from there.

It is like a different bike, so smooth, so easy to ride, with a little more fire.

Little more fuel consumption found but i'm only on my third tank and perhaps I've been a little too enthusiastic recently. I've also fitted and central heating valve to the SAS so I can get 1 foot flames to pop out of the exhaust. just for a laugh. might get rid of that soon!

Anyway, if you want your bike to perform better Sprios is your man, he analyses the ECU, pulls apart the programme and then fixes the weak areas, adding extra power where needed and switching off unnecessary stuff.

cost me 200 Euros. Foreign-but you'll have to deal with that, if you can. ;)
kito

Re: ECU hack

Post by kito »

Do you have a link ?
What is the turn around time ?
Thanks kito
oldoak

Post by oldoak »

Hi,

This is Spiros' web pages

www.ecu-flashing.com/

He is very quick. took 5 days for my ecu to get to him, he had it for 2 days and posted back arriving 2 days later.

He is very approachable and easy to talk to over the e-mail.

cheers

Dave
robson

Post by robson »

OTR does that too for 660 engine for ~200 euros.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Does the mod stop you falling off...? :whistle:

Glad you are so delighted Dave, we will have to see what she sounds like off-road in the coming weeks. Nice to have something to take some of the blame...
oldoak

Post by oldoak »

I've not yet managed to unlock the falling off feature. :silly:

However, I hope you've disabled the kettle feature on your machine ;)

any days out planned, let me know!

The OTR remap is actually 280 euros and looks like a one size fits all.

Spiros will take all of your mods, such as aftermarket pipes and filters into consideration and build the map around that.
robson

Post by robson »

the only pain is you have to send it over, I'd like to have spare one to be able to come back to stock setting anytime.

Return to “TECHNICAL”