Brake pad question

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
sid.

Brake pad question

Post by sid. »

Best pads for a 950 adv, sintered or is it organic (??). I'd say 80% road and a bit of light off road, got a trip to the alps in September. Doing front and back together the disc's look good. Any advice gratefully received. Cheers sid.
Agent Orange

Re: Brake pad question

Post by Agent Orange »

I use these http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141688145962?_mwBanner=1
Last about 4-5k depending on dirt or road. Dirt less road more.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

In my old.690 i used sintered up front and organic rears as i found the back locked easily so had the more progressive pads in baxk...

Galfer are a good make i used for years...clean the pins and sliders too..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
skipper

Post by skipper »

sintered front standard for rear works well
bowber

Post by bowber »

I changed the original pads for Goldfren sintered and while the fronts worked ok the back brake just about stopped working, it was so bad I couldn't lock up the back wheel at all, tried the originals back in and it worked fine again so it was defiantly the pads.
Early 950Adv.

Steve
sid.

Post by sid. »

Thanks for the replies, I've ordered sintered front and rear. The pads arn't that bad but while i've got it all apart i'd thought i would do them so i can forget about them for a bit, Ref the rear bake, i'll see how it feels and could always put the old pads back in and order the organic ones. Cheers sid
boatman

Post by boatman »

bowber wrote:I changed the original pads for Goldfren sintered and while the fronts worked ok the back brake just about stopped working, it was so bad I couldn't lock up the back wheel at all, tried the originals back in and it worked fine again so it was defiantly the pads.
Early 950Adv.

Steve
I put a set of those gold fren pads into an St 1300 , Crap !! Would have been better with bits of plywood
( And a front disc warped which I never had before on a fair milage on 2 of these bikes )
M yates

Post by M yates »

:whistle: Have you tried maxi pads or those slimline panty pads more suited to your riding me thinks ;) (only kidding brother) :lol:

Return to “TECHNICAL”