KTM 1190 ADV accessories power fault, no ACC2

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
rrpmm02

KTM 1190 ADV accessories power fault, no ACC2

Post by rrpmm02 »

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and hope that someone on here can help with a problem I have on my 2014 1190 adventure. My KTM auxiliary lights and heated seats will not come on, the push switches have no illumination, I have stripped and investigated the fault with a friend who is an electrical technician, the fuses are fine, the unswitched 12v supply is fine ACC1 but I have no power at the ACC2 connectors when the ignition is switched on ! I have traced it back the Central Electrical System Control Unit which is housed in the tail unit, proved continuity of the cabling from the unit but no power coming from it on pin no8 black/red. It was fine traveling to work then failed on switch on for my journey home. I have tried disconnecting the battery and waiting, no good, I have also disconnected and drained down the ecu's by touching + - together whilst disconnected, no good. Does any one have any other ideas as to what he fault may be before I take it to my KTM main stealer ! The bike is out of warranty so would like to fix it myself !! I may need to purchase a new control unit, Ouch !
Thanks in Advance
Phil UK
interceptor

Re: KTM 1190 ADV accessories power fault, no ACC2

Post by interceptor »

Is there a fuse somewhere in the ACC2 circuit? How much power are you pulling through it (are the lamps bulb or LED)?

I don't have a heated seat but my heated grips have a separate connection in the space behind the headlamp - any chance you are looking at the wrong connector?
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

You're aware of the recall for the wiring between battery and tail due to seat rubbing?
rrpmm02

Post by rrpmm02 »

Hi all, there is no fuse for ACC2 it it protected by the bikes computer, the lights are the genuine KTM accessories fitted by my main dealer and have been fine for 2,1/2 years. My bike has also been inspected for the wiring recall with no problems.
Just been intouch with my dealer, they have no other occurrence like this and are going to ask KTM technical about it.

Return to “TECHNICAL”