Sat Nav Phone Software

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Andi_Archer

Re: Sat Nav Phone Software

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yep had similar issues trying to use a phone gps in a case its no dice.Either the case touches the screen and screws it up alternatly a background app or "loss of signal" pops up through a tunnel or in deep trees and obscures the screen.Now if they had a way to lock the touch screen and keep other apps in the background that would be great.

One solution Ive seen suggested is to use a waterproof tablet if you have room.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Andi_Archer wrote:One solution Ive seen suggested is to use a waterproof tablet if you have room.
The attraction of using the phone is only having one device. If I need two just to get sat nav functionality, the second one may as well be a proper sat nav.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
.fraser.

Post by .fraser. »

Ralf have you looked at the MyRoute App?

This is the way I am thinking of going as my Zumo 220 is on it's way out and I can't justify the price for a new sat nav that gets used two weeks a year.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

There is no app that can solve the problem I'm having, unless it locks the phone into sat nav mode when in use. If call comes in for instance, it will switch to the phone screen and show you whose calling, but won't switch back to the sat nav screen when the call is answered or finished, so I have to stop, take the gloves off and sort it.

I've had my TomTom in the picture 6 years now and it cost me £200, so I don't really mind the cost, and because I use my bike to go and see customers I use it all the time.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “TECHNICAL”