Sleeping setup

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
BobH

Re: Sleeping setup

Post by BobH »

I use the following and sometimes the ultralite cot as well. If it is really cold I use a very compact lightweight inner bag. Spent 24 years using mummy bags but now love the freedom of movement of the memo quilt. Sleep as well as at home.

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p ... ated%2025L

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=Strato%20Loft
moto al

Post by moto al »

Decathlon ,sell down sleeping bags ,very good quality at a reasonable price . (thumbs) (thumbs) had one for 3 years no probs
moto al
FAT MATT

Post by FAT MATT »

Mountain warehouse are selling their Everest down bags discounted by 50%.

Looks good spec. I can't vouch for it as I don't have one but I am considering it as a new purchase.

I use a self inflating mat and bivi bag no matter what the weather or tent and have some lightweight cots if it's more than a couple of night trip and in a bigger tent.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
AndyB wrote:... Skinny little runts getting into the bag naked will freeze to death :ohmy:
Have you been spying on me? (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Nope. That's speaking from experience and knowing that if it's really cold my lack of body fat means I need a proper 4 seasons bag, an inner liner, an Exped air bed and merino wool thermals if I'm going to keep warm.

I've tried to sleep in some horribly cold places when I was doing a lot of mountaineering and always slept in full thermals, down socks, gloves and a fleece hat (thumbs)
xengibez

Post by xengibez »

I use a helinox cot lite, a thermorest roll matt, and a UGQ quilt as I don't like sleeping bags. I supplement this with a fjallraven ovik blanket which is a very versatile bit of kit, this seems to cover most situations..
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

-Ralph- wrote:www.booking.com
£500 goes a long way ........
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

ollydog wrote: summat i have noticed lately as iam getting more condensation in the tent or the static head is failing and mixture is getting through, esp on my 18 year old kiyam

steve
I think it's time to retire old faithful, I got 9 years out of my favourite tent & was happy with that.

The alpkit stuff is very good (using one of their down bags for 4 years) but also anything i've bought from Decathlon has worked well. I'd have a good look at both of them before blowing £500
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

moto al wrote:Decathlon ,sell down sleeping bags ,very good quality at a reasonable price . (thumbs) (thumbs) had one for 3 years no probs
hi al, the two iam using at the mo are from decathlon mid range stuff but two are warm, a little bulky and rotate

steve
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Peirre wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:www.booking.com
£500 goes a long way ........
nice one ralph lol, thats when jan comes along

steve

Return to “TECHNICAL”