KLIM quality going downhill

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
kito

KLIM quality going downhill

Post by kito »

Any one else noticed the quality going down ?? I think they have sold out and are now giving half the quality at the same price.
I have used quite a few of there products over a few years and the first lot lasted well but I'd be surprised to see the new stuff last.
The chinook pants became the dakar ITB pants. Almost the same but they left the buckle and belt of so you rely on 2 shitty pop studs but still the same price
I wanted a gortex power cross jacket. I had to get old stock from USA as the new model has air vents half the size and the material is MUCH thinner on the new model. Still the same price
My gloves are getting old so I replaced with the same to find where the leather used to get thicker/doubled up in high wear areas it's now a single thin layer. My old gloves padding is still about 4x thicker after loads of use than the new ones. The new Velcro looks naff. They now just feel thin and flimsy yet still the same price
Gedge

Re: KLIM quality going downhill

Post by Gedge »

I have just bought the Overland suit..its my first Klim stuff and the quality seems fine ( although deep down I struggle to see where the expense is justified )... So far had no issues............
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Gedge wrote:I have just bought the Overland suit..its my first Klim stuff and the quality seems fine ( although deep down I struggle to see where the expense is justified )... So far had no issues............
+1

I don't think my new suit is any worse than Klim stuff I've bought before.
one-legged adventurer
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

gent whats the best way to keep these clean, just got a new jacket about 3000 miles old and mostly in shitty dirty motorway water.
would like to keep clean for a bit so jan does not moan and calls me a scruffy twat

steve
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

kito wrote:Any one else noticed the quality going down ?? I think they have sold out and are now giving half the quality at the same price.
I have used quite a few of there products over a few years and the first lot lasted well but I'd be surprised to see the new stuff last.
The chinook pants became the dakar ITB pants. Almost the same but they left the buckle and belt of so you rely on 2 shitty pop studs but still the same price
I wanted a gortex power cross jacket. I had to get old stock from USA as the new model has air vents half the size and the material is MUCH thinner on the new model. Still the same price
My gloves are getting old so I replaced with the same to find where the leather used to get thicker/doubled up in high wear areas it's now a single thin layer. My old gloves padding is still about 4x thicker after loads of use than the new ones. The new Velcro looks naff. They now just feel thin and flimsy yet still the same price
Happens to a lot of firms, they conquer their market position with quality, innovation etc and Klim have seem to be the best of the rest
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

I had some of the early klim stuff and just got some new. Think it's as good. Rukka on the other hand I sent back a armas suit and got the klim. The rukka wasn't a patch on the klim I bought and at double the price almost
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

ollydog wrote:gent whats the best way to keep these clean, just got a new jacket about 3000 miles old and mostly in shitty dirty motorway water.
would like to keep clean for a bit so jan does not moan and calls me a scruffy twat

steve
Always clean and reproof my kit with the Nkwax stuff. No problems.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
kito

Post by kito »

Maybe the gortex stuff has had to remain some sort of standard as gore test and won't approve of some things. I know the quality of my things has gotten thinner .
I won't be buying any more KLIM stuff in the future unless it's in a shop to inspect the material specs and inspect the quality. Pre 2015 the powerxross jacket was 500 D cordura the newer one is just 330 D cordura. What's next ????
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Its the way of the world :( only glad a got a second powerxross pull (old stock)when i did
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Dave why dont you forward these comments to klim in an email? Always worth a shot to tell the firms the issues the customer is having

Return to “TECHNICAL”