KLIM quality going downhill

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
kito

Re: KLIM quality going downhill

Post by kito »

Might be worth a shot to let them know YES WE NOTICED you lowering the standard . I was realy happy with my first lot. When I got my powerxross jacket I did mention it to a uk retailer they agreed that the new wasn't as good so I ordered old stock from USA .
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I think just tell them what you've said here. They do seem to listen to a degree. For example the new offroad pants have the closures on the outside not the inside and I mithered them a load of times about that, as did others.
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

prime example ……. Hein Gericke
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

I have some klim gear and i think that it is the best gear i have tried so far , but i too have noticed slight quality drop ( gloves )
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Paul_C wrote:
ollydog wrote:gent whats the best way to keep these clean, just got a new jacket about 3000 miles old and mostly in shitty dirty motorway water.
would like to keep clean for a bit so jan does not moan and calls me a scruffy twat

steve
Always clean and reproof my kit with the Nkwax stuff. No problems.
can you wax gortex or will it bugger it up
steve
Flightrisk

Post by Flightrisk »

A couple of months ago I invested in the new Latitude jacket and trousers. The thing that swung me away from the equivalent Rev'It kit was the Klim reputation for hard-wearing bullet-proof reliability and quality (plus Rev'It's designers seem to think all their customers are 6 1/2 ft tall skinny Massai!).

I hope what I am reading here is not indicating that it will fail sooner rather than later; so far the kit has performed brilliantly in some pretty poor conditions.
Flightrisk

Post by Flightrisk »

ollydog wrote:
can you wax gortex or will it bugger it up
steve
:ohmy: I think you should Google just how Gore-Tex works before trying anything with your gear Steve!!

Return to “TECHNICAL”