Another bm bites the dust ,

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
robson

Re: Another bm bites the dust ,

Post by robson »

moto al wrote:Re last reply , no your not wrong sticking too a brand, personally Iv. Owned BMW bikes since 1979, great bikes ok with problems,that's life .About 8yrs ago I jumped ship too Honda also great bikes,with less probs .Or so I thought .my new Africa twin with only 525 miles on the clock Iv had a couple of minor problems.once again that's life. . (thumbs) Al
not all problems are the same, as I said I have never heard or seen any other brand with so dangerous failures with normal use. This is not coincidence anymore, that's tradition.

I have expected Japanese bikes to drop their quality after recent tsunami, there is no miracles in this world but I don't think they ever will go that cheap as bmw.
big al

Post by big al »

Just seen this post, Wow what a catastrophic failure. I've never seen one go like that before.just glad the chap is ok. I've heard of U'js seizing in the shaft housing because of water ingress and nowhere for it to escape, the uj justs rotates in a pool of water just under the swing arm housing.
But hey I love Bm's.
Al
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Six years on two Triumphs now and they've been pretty much flawless, but they are both end of life models, where all the issues have had time to be ironed out.

Trouble is BMW have been having this issue since 2006, 10 years now, and have never admitted to it or done anything to fix it, so buying a late model BMW doesn't help at all, you can't iron out issues that you don't admit are there.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just passed this thread to my local BMW dealer for interest--chief salesman said that they had never had a problem and that I should get out more and not believe all I "see" on the forums!!--strikes me that they really don't believe the report(s), and that there isn't a problem--so I guess there isn't.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

After 20,000 miles and two winters I found a spot of rust on the frame of my S10 today, just saying :whistle:
robson

Post by robson »

Nigel wrote:After 20,000 miles and two winters I found a spot of rust on the frame of my S10 today, just saying :whistle:
is it cracking?
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Nigel wrote:After 20,000 miles and two winters I found a spot of rust on the frame of my S10 today, just saying :whistle:
LOL! Yep, same on my Tiger, 3 winters now, 4000 miles this winter and another 4000 last winter whilst in my ownership.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
GB

Post by GB »

Thats because it was hidden under layers of boredom :whistle: :woohoo: ;)
Finally back on a GS :D
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

catcitrus wrote:Just passed this thread to my local BMW dealer for interest--chief salesman said that they had never had a problem and that I should get out more and not believe all I "see" on the forums!!--strikes me that they really don't believe the report(s), and that there isn't a problem--so I guess there isn't.
"You should get out more", what a great sales pitch from the chief salesman! Honestly they don't care if you buy a BMW, if you don't somebody else will.
Alban

Post by Alban »

-Ralph- wrote:
catcitrus wrote:Just passed this thread to my local BMW dealer for interest--chief salesman said that they had never had a problem and that I should get out more and not believe all I "see" on the forums!!--strikes me that they really don't believe the report(s), and that there isn't a problem--so I guess there isn't.
"You should get out more", what a great sales pitch from the chief salesman! Honestly they don't care if you buy a BMW, if you don't somebody else will.
Well it won't be me. I've never liked them. Just saying.

Return to “TECHNICAL”