Need to jump start your bike

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Roy C.

Need to jump start your bike

Post by Roy C. »

I was out Saturday with a Guy on a Fireblade thingy who had a duff battery. In his jacket pocket he had a charger pack with jump leads that started his Firey thing 3 times while we were out. So I,ve bought one. It,s a DBPower pak. also will charge your mobile etc. Retails at 80Quid, Amazon are currently doing them at £30 plus £3 pound odd postage. about the size of a larger modern mobile phone but a bit fatter. saw it work so no it,s not all marketting crap. (thumbs)
Mad Hatter

Re: Need to jump start your bike

Post by Mad Hatter »

Got a link for it on amazon?
viince

Post by viince »

I think this is the one

cheers vince
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
Roy C.

Post by Roy C. »

Mad Hatter wrote:Got a link for it on amazon?
Check out Viince,s post one below yours that,s correct for Amazon link. apparently it will jump start a PETROL car up to 1.5 litres though I can,t vouch for that. Roy
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

ive got a set of leads with croccodile clips on each end, fits in my pocket and cheap works of any car/bike battery... :whistle:
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I carry one on the trail--mine was about 35 quid and holds its charge for weeks as Lithium does. As a test I put an absolutely flat battery on my Tiger 1050 and it started that no bother--so I can trust it to start a little 250---and I just carry the pack and the leads and not all the other stuff that comes with it. It will charge up off the mains or from a cig lighter, so once you have the bike/car running you can prep it for the nest time !
Roy C.

Post by Roy C. »

Tramp wrote:ive got a set of leads with croccodile clips on each end, fits in my pocket and cheap works of any car/bike battery... :whistle:[/quote
You forgot to mention the battery you carry you jump it off or are you that stupid you think jump leads actually hold electricity.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Roy C. wrote:
Tramp wrote:ive got a set of leads with croccodile clips on each end, fits in my pocket and cheap works of any car/bike battery... :whistle:[/quote
You forgot to mention the battery you carry you jump it off or are you that stupid you think jump leads actually hold electricity.
:whistle: :P ...no every car has a good battery that passes you buy same as friendly motorcyclist....your choice and i`m far from stupid :laugh:
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Agree that the comment was a little unfair--and to be honest ON A POPULATED ROAD a pair of jump leads may just save you--but on the trail there are few cars!--and on most trail bikes getting at the battery is a pain--one bike is bad enough, but a link between two!!--much easier to rip out the little blighter and plug it in :)
Roy C.

Post by Roy C. »

Tramp wrote:
Roy C. wrote:
:whistle: :P ...no every car has a good battery that passes you buy same as friendly motorcyclist....your choice and i`m far from stupid :laugh:
Your far from independant as well.

Return to “TECHNICAL”