Dream garage........decisions, decisions

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
900Fantrider

Dream garage........decisions, decisions

Post by 900Fantrider »

I seem to spend loads of time dreaming and surfing sites of the perfect garage/workshop..........tool board or roller cabinet? Wood or resin floor? Which heating? WC? Single post ramp? Lighting?............

Whats would make your dream garage...or if you have it can we have some pics?

cheers Marc
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Peirre

Re: Dream garage........decisions, decisions

Post by Peirre »

All of the above.
Hell I don't need a house with a huge garage, I just need a well equipped factory unit with a caravan in the corner for me to sleep in
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Anything that's not full up of my our half's son's crap...!!!!

When he moves out...he is 26....i will move into with her and take over the garage!

But that's not going to happen anyday soon.!!!

My own single garage has 4 bikes in it at the mo and not enough space to do what i want. That said one is sold and the other will be going soon.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
scubabiker

Post by scubabiker »

starting my own business this is something i have been thinking a lot about heres my breif:
double doors, lifting bench for bikes one side, other side is shelves/racking. around the bike lift side is a kind of worktop/bench. welder and compressor by the door. built into the roof in the middle is a lift (capable for engines, i own a drag car). then an upstairs part, with office/gallery (my wife is an artist) we own the neighbours driveway, which would make an ideal entrance for the upstairs part as its above the area i will build the garage.
my land is big enough for it, just need to get the planning and the finances!
scubabiker

Post by scubabiker »

at the mo, i have this half shed/garage thing, that is a bit too small for the GS if i have the box fitted to it... also its leaky and damn cold in the winter.....
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

In the 80s I did a bit of road rallying & I had to prepare the car in the street now I've got my dream garage 24m2 with lighting & power also a dehumidifier all the shelving I need only downside is the wifes MG TF lives in there with the TR5T & I have to move it when I want to have a few hours spannering!!!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Things I have I like:
WC
Space
Connected to kitchen

Things I need:
Much more space
Dry
High ceiling
Well lit
Separate space for gardening gear
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
KEITH640

Post by KEITH640 »

I'm pretty lucky I was given the opportunity to purchase a property with 2 commercial units one big enough
For 3 classic cars and six bikes six canoes an office/kitchen and a store room and garage pit a small work are in the corner and a W/C
And the other unit has a 2 post vehicle lift and an upstairs which my wife uses for her gym and sewing etc
And at the moment are still business rate exempt but I'm sure the government will change that again soon

It was the best move of my life as I was able to start my own business from home
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

One of the best things I did was cover the floor in 3mm rubber sheeting stops the car wheels sticking to the floor paint & lifting it & warm to sit on!!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

lancashirelad wrote:One of the best things I did was cover the floor in 3mm rubber sheeting stops the car wheels sticking to the floor paint & lifting it & warm to sit on!!!
Whilst that sounds like something Dexter would do I bet its really great. Can you post a link of what you used please.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “TECHNICAL”