continental tkc80 twinduro

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Gary no 6

Re: continental tkc80 twinduro

Post by Gary no 6 »

Cone wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 pm
Gary no 6 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 am Just back for my recent trip to morocco and i used tkc twinduro tyres on my ktm 690 in with we done close to 3000 ks both on and off road 50/50 i would say and i have to say i could not fault them so i would say go for them you will not be sorry
I couldn't agree more, if you like them go for them. But I bet you didn't get much wet loamy clay or deep squigy mud in Morroco or the way back through Spain. I do say on dry roads they feel like a decent road tyre, but as soon as the road is wet I always felt like I was on the edge in every corner. In mud they just feel awful and wash out at every opportunity. So I guess it depends on where and when you intend to use them.

My Tkc'c have loads of life left in them and ive don 3500 miles on them so they are a good lasting nobly.
Yeah fair point but we actually had a fair bit of mud some days got caught out in lighting storms and torrential down pours for hours and they coped very well and also i use them all the time over here and never have a problem .We do change pressures between offroad and road do so keep this in mind
Toe

Re: continental tkc80 twinduro

Post by Toe »

Gary no 6 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 pm
Cone wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 pm
Gary no 6 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 am Just back for my recent trip to morocco and i used tkc twinduro tyres on my ktm 690 in with we done close to 3000 ks both on and off road 50/50 i would say and i have to say i could not fault them so i would say go for them you will not be sorry
I couldn't agree more, if you like them go for them. But I bet you didn't get much wet loamy clay or deep squigy mud in Morroco or the way back through Spain. I do say on dry roads they feel like a decent road tyre, but as soon as the road is wet I always felt like I was on the edge in every corner. In mud they just feel awful and wash out at every opportunity. So I guess it depends on where and when you intend to use them.

My Tkc'c have loads of life left in them and ive don 3500 miles on them so they are a good lasting nobly.
Yeah fair point but we actually had a fair bit of mud some days got caught out in lighting storms and torrential down pours for hours and they coped very well and also i use them all the time over here and never have a problem .We do change pressures between offroad and road do so keep this in mind
I think this is often an overlooked point when it comes to on/off road tyres. Obviously it may not always be practical or possible but will usually benefit the rider
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “TECHNICAL”