continental tkc80 twinduro

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
P4ulie

Re: continental tkc80 twinduro

Post by P4ulie »

I thought the 80's were an excellent tyre, but I did far too many road miles to replace them with the same. 3000 miles to badly worn front & squared rear is a lot of money when doing 400 miles a week :(

In their defense their was 500 miles of motorway work on them, that kills anything!
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
robson

Post by robson »

tck 80 best tyres I have ever used for 50/50 use.
I don't even bother with other type of tyres anymore.
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

TK .... for me were too soft on the rear ... gripy yes but didn't last .. so for me is and still atm .EO9 Dakar Mitus rear , Tk front on Tenere 660 (thumbs)
MART
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

robson wrote:tck 80 best tyres I have ever used for 50/50 use.
TKC80's are good tyres but they wear too fast . I am hoping that the new Anakee wild will be as good but last longer , otherwise i will have to get something else .
special one

Post by special one »

ZX Raziel wrote:
TKC80's are good tyres but they wear too fast . I am hoping that the new Anakee wild will be as good but last longer , otherwise i will have to get something else .
The fronts wear ok, the rears are just crazy soft, I'll be lucky to get 2k out the rear on my 950 adventure.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

K60 rear & MT21 front, the Starship Enterprise has K60's on and there still loads left on them..... :lol: (thumbs)
Paul_XRV750

Post by Paul_XRV750 »

I find the TKC80 rears wear out too quickly (about 3k on the AT) and are squirmy on tarmac.

I tried the TKC70, lasted 8k but had strange heel-toe wear on the front.

Had several sets of Heidenau K60 Scouts. Typically 8-10k lifespan, downside being they
square off and the rears are very very difficult to remove.

Just fitted some Mitas E07's. Found them easy to fit with tyre levers. Theres also a
Dakar version of this tyre (yellow stripe) which has much stiffer sidewalls like the
K60 Scout. I've heard the Mitas doesn't square off like the K60's and have similar longevity, so I'll see how these go.
robson

Post by robson »

ZX Raziel wrote:
what does it mean too fast? I am on mine already 12k km (7500 miles) riding lot off-road (Morocco) and front almost like new, rear a little bit flattened bot still holding very well. That kinda mileage is fine for me. I heard that some batches in the past were indeed wearing faster but no new ones.
cocker

Post by cocker »

to be honest here i must say i was getting very good mileage out of the tkc80s i fitted to my GSA, i think i had done about 4000 miles on these tyres when i sold it, and they were still very good, well they were were good enough for me not to worry about changing them to secure a sale, and the new owner, never commented on them, so they cant have been so bad with 4000 miles on them, mostly road use really,
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

robson wrote:
ZX Raziel wrote:
what does it mean too fast? I am on mine already 12k km (7500 miles) riding lot off-road (Morocco) and front almost like new, rear a little bit flattened bot still holding very well. That kinda mileage is fine for me. I heard that some batches in the past were indeed wearing faster but no new ones.
Are you riding a 125 ?
;)

Return to “TECHNICAL”