New Jag speed limited!

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
crofty

Re: New Jag speed limited!

Post by crofty »

Interesting one this. If you were buying a new fiesta or something similar for you son/daughter who had just passed their test would you take it as an option if it was offered and reduced the insurance premium significantly ?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Companies will be snapping them up because they'll be more fuel efficient, the drivers are less likely to pick up bans and I've no doubt vehicle tracking/monitoring will be part of the package.

Most companies like bragging about how they're reducing their carbon footprint, bans cost the employer far more than the employee who actually gets the ban and being able to see exactly where a vehicle is every minute of the day is a wet dream for some big companies.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

AndyB wrote:Companies will be snapping them up because they'll be more fuel efficient, the drivers are less likely to pick up bans and I've no doubt vehicle tracking/monitoring will be part of the package.

Most companies like bragging about how they're reducing their carbon footprint, bans cost the employer far more than the employee who actually gets the ban and being able to see exactly where a vehicle is every minute of the day is a wet dream for some big companies.
Had some roofing work done on site last year and the boss knows when the van is started ie when they start work ;) and can track them all the time :whistle:
Use cruise control on my S10 to stick to speed limits in built up areas but I still have the option to "make progress" when it suits :whistle:
Trev

Post by Trev »

Have this in my Volvo V60 Hybrid, when camera picks up speed limit you have option of limiting speed to comply, it works really well allowing you to accelerate up to the limit and no further. You can also turn it off or set a limit manually. I use it a fair bit as no way I want to rack up points for doing a few mph in a 30 or 40.

Radar cruise also works well allowing it to be used a lot more than 'standard' cruise control.
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

Brilliant idea.
I'll put a 30 sticker on my back then ride past one and see what happens :-)
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

bull wrote:I cant see it ever been made compulsory,
I can!
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

bull wrote:why would anyone buy a car with that sh*t installed in it
Because they can!
bull

Post by bull »

Boo Cock wrote:
I can!

well, I cant

it will never happen,

because theres too much money to made out of speeding tickets, millions if not billons ever year

I mean, something like that could of been brought in years ago, the technology to do something like that has been around for years, but name a country that has it, answer is none
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

picos mestizo wrote:I'm surprised 200mph motorcycles are allowed to be road registered.
If restrictions can be applied in certain licence categories then why haven't they been applied so that full licences meet certain speed / power criteria.
I'm no killjoy but whats the sense of a 200 mph machine on the road when there is nowhere in this country that you can legally exceede 70 mph. :whistle:
think if the bike can do 200mph safely what it is like at legal speeds in terms of breaking power and handling etc same as cars.

steve
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

bull wrote:
Boo Cock wrote:
I can!

well, I cant

it will never happen,

because theres too much money to made out of speeding tickets, millions if not billons ever year
Wait a moment while I burry my head in the sand like they did in the 1960's with the 70mph speed limitb , the helmet law and the three part test or bike licences. :unsure:
I mean, something like that could of been brought in years ago, the technology to do something like that has been around for years, but name one country in the world that has it, answer is none

Return to “TECHNICAL”