All i want is an OS map

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Mike101

All i want is an OS map

Post by Mike101 »

Right folks I am really getting mad here.

Al i want is a bloody OS map on my PC that I can plan a route on a create a GPX file.

I have tried to get one from garmin...you can't download until it checks your GPS system..which I have done but no matter what I do the website keeps going around in circles telling me to register a device that it later tells me is already registered....there is no weekend support ether.

Please can somebody help as I need to get these maps today or I can't plan the routes for next weekend rally.

Help please.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Simon_100

Re: All i want is an OS map

Post by Simon_100 »

Try wikiloc. Easy to chose any map or satellite view. Then download. Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
herman

Post by herman »

The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

and whats wrong with my routes i put up :whistle: ..not good enough for you :( ...
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Tramp wrote:and whats wrong with my routes i put up :whistle: ..not good enough for you :( ...
Yes Russ they are fine but and thanks for them..i will use the hard one as is. But there are a few places I want to include that you haven't got.

So it's more of an edit thing I want to do.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
exrm193

Post by exrm193 »

You can at this website. Well useful

http://bikehike.co.uk/index.php

Go to "Course Creator" and just play around
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

second bike hike, or possibly run two devices side by side 2 laptops if fortunate one with bing mapping set to ordanace survey to "see" the byways and mapsource or simlar on the other to build a track/route- longwinded but effective.
herman

Post by herman »

bikenav wrote:second bike hike, or possibly run two devices side by side 2 laptops if fortunate one with bing mapping set to ordanace survey to "see" the byways and mapsource or simlar on the other to build a track/route- longwinded but effective.
wheres the path is split screen :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

yes agreed, as is course creator on bike hike- very good too, just 2 screens can also be usefull at times
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Yep plenty of platforms to create routes out there as mentioned :) I also favor the 2 screens method I run Viewranger with the auto route selected to MTB and run Bing maps side by side (thumbs)
You can also import routes and edit them be they route or tracks (thumbs)

Return to “TECHNICAL”