All i want is an OS map

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Mike101

Re: All i want is an OS map

Post by Mike101 »

I may have sorted it thanks folks..gave up on OS maps. I used tyre to create a couple of routes.

Can somebody please try these on their GPS to see if they load up and look OK to use.

Cheers.

Mike
Attachments
PMSalisburyRallyhardride.gpx
(414.74 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
AMSalisburyRallyhardride.gpx
(465.65 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

I can open them in Mapsource, but that only shows roads, and not 'green lanes' etc, so I'd guess that anyone with Ordnance Survey mapping might be ok..
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Sleepy wrote:I can open them in Mapsource, but that only shows roads, and not 'green lanes' etc, so I'd guess that anyone with Ordnance Survey mapping might be ok..
Same here...I think it will be fine as a waypoint route to follow.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Did you plot the route manually as it routed as the crow flies, and why are you not doing the second ford at Winterbourne Dauntsey :laugh:
But anyone could follow the route as you say the way-points are at key junctions (thumbs)
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

http://maps.the-hug.net/

Problem solved (thumbs)

do you use basecamp?
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

I use Memory Map with their OS maps, it will talk to Tyre via gpx files. Older versions used to be 'available' on the internet. Maps probably 10 years old, but then they have not built many lanes recently. You can always add new roads as an overlay
Had to put the gpx file into Tyre and then export it as gpx to use in MM v5.1.3 as there appear to be various gpx standards. When the Tyre exported file was imported into MM I had waypoints, the route (direct lines joining waypoints), and a track (the best road route to fit). I deleted the track and made the route into a track and deleted the waypoints as I guide myself using a predrawn track.
ABRsalisburyAMPM.jpg
ABRsalisburyAMPM.jpg (113.53 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
akceller8

Post by akceller8 »

Loaded this on my Viewranger with 1:50000 OS map and it looks fine. The fact it doesn't follow trails exactly is actually a bonus as it means you can see the map underneath. (thumbs)
Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time!!
Reeferman

Post by Reeferman »

Opened both in MemoryMap 2013 1:50000, there is two different lines, one is a track (red) and the other is a route (blue)for both days. (thumbs)
A bad days fishing is always better than a good day at work.
I should change the picture to the WR250F but a bit of confusion is OK.
Reeferman

Post by Reeferman »

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/2015-os-lan ... omplete-gb

To be honest this is good value for money, the 1:25k is too much money, considering it covers the whole of GB and you can sit at your PC in comfort, work out where and then send it to your chosen viewer, mine is a Sony Xperia z mobile phone becuase it is waterproof and can do comunicating as well, then go for a ride.

I have been using their system for about 10 years now. I also have all the marine charts and Street view on the same pc and phone. Also recently put all of it on my Sony Xperia Z 10.1 tablet, also waterproof, within the same licence.

And no I don't work for them.
A bad days fishing is always better than a good day at work.
I should change the picture to the WR250F but a bit of confusion is OK.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Cheers folks for the checking.

Stewie...one ford will be done AM and the other PM..I had to do two routes as there was too many waypoints for a GPX file.

Mike

Return to “TECHNICAL”