Heated Grips "V" Heated Gloves

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
dogman

Heated Grips "V" Heated Gloves

Post by dogman »

Just got my Tiger 800xc HAPPY DAYS. So should I get heated grips or go for heated gloves as there is an aux socket up front?????????? Anybody out there have any experience of heated gloves only.
OB1

Re: Heated Grips "V" Heated Gloves

Post by OB1 »

Congratulations on your excellent choice in motorcycle :laugh: B)

I went for the Triumph fitted heated grips. I've never had heated grips or gloves in the past but the grips are superb - I love them! The fact that they are there whenever you need them is a plus rather than having heated gloves which you might not have on a summers evening when it might get a little cool. The heated grips can be used to take the chill away from your fingers.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

Grips. With hand guards in front = toastie :P

The trailing wires on heated gloves can be a right pain!
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Id say grips too, but I have just replaced mine oxford hot grips with slim fit MX grips because they are like holding on to a drain pipe and gave me cramp across my hands. :(
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

One downside of heated grips is they don't warm the outer parts of your fingers, only the palms + bits in contact with the handlebars. That said, I went with Oxford heated grips as they cost much less than heated gloves.
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

I've used both.

I had a pair of the EXO2 Stormshield gloves -> http://www.exo2.co.uk/exo2.html

They are brilliant, your hands will never get wet or suffer the cold. However, sold the gloves as they were just too warm for me unless the temp was below 0c. These days I just use Oxford heated grips and a shelf full of different gloves.

Some guys swear by the muffs - not my lind of thing though :dry:
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
davsato

Post by davsato »

im happy with my heated grips but i always imagine heated gloves would be better. Which is the more reliable or practical i cant say, ive never tried heated gloves.
Dave
dogman

Post by dogman »

OB1 why did you go for the triump heated grips and not the like of Oxford grips, was it price or some other reason. Also I am thinking about 20mm rises as I have not the longest arms to my height ratio. But God do I love the tiger!!!!!!!!!!!
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Congrats on the new bike!

I've used both, but reckon grips are more user friendly. No wires to plug in and remembering to unplug when getting off.

On subject of 'Muffs' got a pair that came with the Dakar that I'm never going to use, so if anyone is interested. :whistle:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

dogman wrote:OB1 why did you go for the triump heated grips and not the like of Oxford grips, was it price or some other reason. Also I am thinking about 20mm rises as I have not the longest arms to my height ratio. But God do I love the tiger!!!!!!!!!!!
I went for the grips so that they would be fitted before I picked the bike up and, because they were fitted on the bike "as standard" they are covered by the warranty and it would also prevent me hacking into the loom and invalidating the warranty.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “TECHNICAL”