Hand Cleaner?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
GerJ

Re: Hand Cleaner?

Post by GerJ »

Once a year or so Aldi or Lidl have hand cleaner on offer as a special buy. That is what I use.
R1ooR > R1150GS > R1200GSA
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I use latex gloves! :laugh: But if I forget to put them on,orange swarfega.
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

I still use classic green swarfega, just add a bit of sugar to deep clean ;)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Does any one still use "barrier cream"

I can't work with the surgical gloves

Before doing any getting dirty jobs I put some hand moisturiser on. When it's time to clean up I use the green swarfega.

Having used the moisturiser as a barrier cream even baby wipes get most of the bad stuff off
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I use barrier cream every day if I'm on the tools at work but even though I've got a tube of it in my workshop at home I never bother. Yeah, I know it doesn't make any sense but I've got nobody watching me when I'm working at home :)
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

WD40 B)

Use a bit before you start the dirty job and it acts as a good barrier B)
Great for mid job hand cleaning B)
Great for cleaning up your tools B)
Use to clean up and soften your hands after you finish B)

.....and you can do all this in the man shed so no grubby paw prints in the house B)
Selous

Post by Selous »

Heff wrote:Hi all.

Doing a wee bit of tinkering today and noticed that my regular hand cleaner is nearly finished.

Currently been using the original green Swarfega for some time now and will need to purchase soon.

What else is out there and what do you guys use? (thumbs)
Swarfega orange in a pump contaner and has micro balls, to help clean, any ground in oil grease.

I also use a barrier cream, that you put on, prior to working with grease / oil.
it rubs in well, also has a hand cream effect.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Selous

Post by Selous »

Heff wrote: Hi all.

Doing a wee bit of tinkering today and noticed that my regular hand cleaner is nearly finished.

Currently been using the original green Swarfega for some time now and will need to purchase soon.

What else is out there and what do you guys use? (thumbs)
Swarfega orange in a pump contaner and has micro balls, to help clean, any ground in oil grease.

I also use a barrier cream, that you put on, prior to working with grease / oil.
it rubs in well, also has a hand cream effect.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
JiMcI

Post by JiMcI »

Me too for the Orange Tufanega with bits swear bye it as long as your hands haven't got wet.. Bit of wd40 on oily hands first with rag if heavily soild.

Another good thing for side of the road stuff over and above latex gloves etc.
I carry tough wipes you get from Builder merchant have even seen them in Aldi's the ones that remove silicon, paint, oil etc etc. take a few from the plastic tub and roll them up in a good zip-lock bag take up no room at all work wonders....

Cheers Jim
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

LOL @ you lot worried about whether the cleaners good for your skin.

Used oil, petrol, grease, brake dust, road grime, spirits, parrafin, polish.....

None of that stuff's good for your skin (some of it's feckin' carcenogenic!), but it's on your hands for hours while you work on the bike then you worry about what you put on them for a few minutes to wash it off! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I still use green Swarfega BTW.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “TECHNICAL”