OH NO!!!! Another tyre question........

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
jarvis

OH NO!!!! Another tyre question........

Post by jarvis »

I'm sorry.......but what are your recommendations for a new set of tyres for a 640 adventure? Went out on Sunday up to Rivington Barn, went down the 'ice-cream run' and my tyres are pants. No grip on grass!!Could of turned painful very quickly. So let the abuse begin. I know it's horses for courses but I would prefer more off road, legal tyres. Cheers....
Tramp

Re: OH NO!!!! Another tyre question........

Post by Tramp »

Dont know.what youve got on now...but maxxicross It are ace and road legal...use them on the ccm644 and lotsnof 690 guys do...easy to fit and last and cheap..enough said..

Maxxis ...
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

I'll second the Maxxiss IT's.
Nothing sticks on wet grass it's as slipery as the cow shit (brown ice) on the Picos mountains. :ohmy:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
bowber

Post by bowber »

On that bike you've got a huge choice. I'd be looking at enduro tyres as they are road legal.
After that you can go to more road bias one if the enduro ones are too much.

Steve
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

Pirelli Mt21 I had on mine.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

jarvis wrote:I'm sorry.......but what are your recommendations for a new set of tyres for a 640 adventure? Went out on Sunday up to Rivington Barn, went down the 'ice-cream run' and my tyres are pants. No grip on grass!!Could of turned painful very quickly. So let the abuse begin. I know it's horses for courses but I would prefer more off road, legal tyres. Cheers....
On damp grass?

I am quite impressed with the Mitas E-09 I have fitted on the rear, same is going on the front, that or an ex-MX knobbly if I can drop on one ;-)
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Watching the Lyndon Poskitt series on YouTube I am tempted to try his recommendation for the GT201.

Video's here:

GT201 review:

[video][/video]
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

SteveR wrote:
jarvis wrote:I'm sorry.......but what are your recommendations for a new set of tyres for a 640 adventure? Went out on Sunday up to Rivington Barn, went down the 'ice-cream run' and my tyres are pants. No grip on grass!!Could of turned painful very quickly. So let the abuse begin. I know it's horses for courses but I would prefer more off road, legal tyres. Cheers....
On damp grass?

I am quite impressed with the Mitas E-09 I have fitted on the rear, same is going on the front, that or an ex-MX knobbly if I can drop on one ;-)

I'd still fall off!!!!!
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

KTMBLAG wrote:Pirelli Mt21 I had on mine.
I do like the look/sound of these. Cheers :)
kito

Post by kito »

SteveR wrote:
On damp grass?

I'm a big fan of the E09 rear but the front is uter crap. I scraped it after a few days. The army special on the front is a better tyre to match up to the E09 rear

Return to “TECHNICAL”