the start of another problem

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Old Git Ray

Re: the start of another problem

Post by Old Git Ray »

Is it possible that when servicing it and presumably balancing the throttle bodies that they have not reconnected one of the tiny vacuum hoses properly and air is leaking in. That would easily produce your symptoms due to overly lean running at low speed.

The rest of the rev/throttle range are virtually unaffected by these little tubes.
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

chico wrote:check out Advgrls tale on ADV.....Triumph loaned them 2 Tigers for a long trip .......interesting tale (with tickover problems)
This was an early problem with the fuel mapping. Affecting the first bikes to come off production. Triumph did a recall and updated the fuel mapping to solve this issue.

Si's bike would not be affected by this problem.

I would take it back to the dealer and find out what they did that may have affected it.
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Spoke to Laguna today and they said that I could bring it back and they can have a 10 min look, or I could wait a couple of weeks and see if it becomes a common "FEATURE" of the bike. I must admit it didn't do it this morning, I sprayed a load of damp start in there last night.

Watch this space.
At the moment it has happened twice.
If it happens again this week it will be taken back.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Return to “TECHNICAL”