Too much fun in Milan?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Lancastermick

Too much fun in Milan?

Post by Lancastermick »

Evening all! :) It's been a while since I've been on the forum, but it's nice to be back. Okay..so currently sitting in a little hotel in Northern Italy (paid for by breakdown recovery peeps!) My bike (Yamaha XTZ 750 SuperTenere) brought me here on some awesome roads through seven countries but gave up the ghost half way between Milan and Genova. The issue started shortly after riding through Milan and all it's drag-race passion. First she started misfiring unless I got her up to 4,000rpm in top gear...then she settled. Then she started misfiring all the time...and then dropped onto one cylinder...a couple of miles after dropping onto one cylinder, she cut-out. I pulled over and tried the ignition...nothing...not even the neutral light. Hmmm...tools out...side panel off....battery and rectifier very hot. So I waited a while and tried the ignition again...neutral light now on ...clicking on start...like battery was dead (battery is a month old). Eventually called breakdown peeps as evening was coming on...they carried me to a depot until Tuesday (national holiday over here until then). Just before I loaded her on the wagon, I checked her again and she started, but sounded rough.
So what do you think's up folks? :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
Treadtrader

Re: Too much fun in Milan?

Post by Treadtrader »

Seems like a fried regulator and battery, not uncommon on the Supertens.
Hope you get sorted soon mate.
I'm sure you'll find something to keep you occupied. (thumbs)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Yeah...I pondered that TT, but it's got the upgraded rectifier on it.....maybe the upgrade needs an upgrade! :) Well, I guess I'll know more on Tuesday when she goes into the mechanic...but it's good to have an overview before the guy shakes my hand while reaching for the vaseline. :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi Mick... Glad to.see you back from wherever its youve been .

Have you posted on the teneree forum as folk all.over europe.and a helpfull.bunch..

You still got that camper and being a vagabond..lol

Return to “TECHNICAL”