R&G Shocktube

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
OB1

R&G Shocktube

Post by OB1 »

No, not a rival to YouTube...

Has anyone tried this little piece of kit?

R&G Shocktube

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
OB1

Re: R&G Shocktube

Post by OB1 »

Schollboy error: forgot to change the catagory from "Welcome Newbie" if someone would like to move it, please!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Yep, have one fitted to my bike. A friend recommended it after fitting it to his 08 speed triple, kept his shock pristine. Ive yet to see the results on my 2010 versys though...

Easy to fit (depending on location of shock), wrap around and velcro in place, run zip ties though and snip off excess when tight.

Theyre machine washable too, so they can be reused (I think).

Here's a piccy (you can see its an EASY fit on the Versys, even the ER6N / F as the shock is mounted that way on all three)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

You will be far better of preventing dirt getting to your shock with a peace of rubber matting that way you can still see if it starts leaking.

I really cant see the point of it on a Versys though mate. The shock will rarely get dirty and it's hiding a great looking feature of the bike. B)
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Craigrevo, youll be surprised how much crud gets on it!!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Return to “TECHNICAL”