Tyre ratings.

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Gaffer64

Tyre ratings.

Post by Gaffer64 »

Hi,

I am looking into a set of Michelin Annakee 3 tyres for my BMW 650 GS twin. The tyre shop said that they can get me a set but the rating will not be a 'V' rating but, it will be a 'H' rating. Can anyone advice what this means and should I go ahead. The tyres will cost £180.00p

Cheers

Mike G
herman

Re: Tyre ratings.

Post by herman »

Speed/load ratings. :) Mainly speed. Your manual will tell you which ones you need, dont rely on the fitted tyres to tell you what you need unless they are oem as a previous owner may have put cheapies on. http://www.blackcircles.com/general/speedrating
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

H rated Anakee 2`s just fitted to my 800gs but not sure if the 3`s are available in H rating yet?
Gaffer64

Post by Gaffer64 »

Hi,

The shop says they can get the tyres for me for my GS 650 twin, but the rating will be a 'H' instead of a 'V'. Can you advise.

Cheers

Mike G
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

The link herman has posted above has a table which shows you all the speed ratings and explains what it means and what the difference is between H and V

Give you insurance a quick call and see if they are bothered though, if you go for a lesser speed rating than the manufacturer recommends for your bike, even if your bike will never get near that speed, it can cause insurance problems - any excuse not to pay out!!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Domsday

Tyre ratings.

Post by Domsday »

Quick search on google brought up that They are speed ratings and H = 130mph and V = 149mph
KTM '08 990 Adventure

KTM '03 450 EXC

Return to “TECHNICAL”