koso clock problem

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
dicky

koso clock problem

Post by dicky »

Hi,can anybody please help? my bike has a koso rx-2n clock/speedo that has suddenly stopped working.Had a look for a fuse but cant see anything obvious,im not good with electrics at best of times...needs sorting asap as we are hoping to make the ABR Ecky Thump Rally and leave fri morning.
bull

Re: koso clock problem

Post by bull »

hello dicky, i wont be much help as i dont know alot about these new digital speedo, but you need to give the lads that do know a bit more information. Is it on with power but does not climb or is it just blank with no power. If it has power going to it then it is probably the speed sensor located near the wheel or sensor cable. if it is plank with no power then it is probably a bad or loose connection or broken wire a fuse or maybe speedo is fu*ked. sorry lad not much help. PS, if it is blank with no power it is probably best to follow the wires from the speedo back and see if they have become disconnected somewhere
dicky

Post by dicky »

hey thanks,sorry should have said no power at all to it,cant see any obvious broken wires/loose connections-surely it must have a fuse? everything else on bike works as it should.
Stormforce8

Post by Stormforce8 »

Check your power connections are still connected - see attached wiring diagram.
Red - should run to a permanent 12v power source (battery)
Brown - should be to a switched power source
bull

Post by bull »

well now, i am not the best one to be talking too about this, but if you checked all the fuses in the box. then it might not have a fuse. check around the loom and battery to see if it has an inline fuse, but probably not. it is most likely gets its power direct from the battery and is also connected to the ECU, you should be able to trace the problem with a multimetre you would first need to see if you have power at the speedo if you have then speedo is the problem. if you do not have power at the speedo then work your way back through every connection and see if there is power getting to each point. but it might be best to take to shop they might find the problem faster and some times alot cheaper
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

If it's totally dead when you switch on it's unlikely that the permanently connected +ve & the switched +ve wires have become disconnected so check the Black wire which is usually connected to the frame of the bike (battery -ve)
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
dicky

Post by dicky »

Er,bit embarrassing this but I've sorted it- some fool ( ahem) had missed the power cable when reconnecting the mass of jumbled wires....all is well and thanks for the input,it's easy to forget the simple stuff sometimes...
Wilso122

Post by Wilso122 »

From memory its powered from the aux power outlet wire that is directly on the battery and is fused with a spade type just before it gets to the tank :)

Stormforce is your man for anything koso though B)

All good totherwise?
950SuperEnduro.com the site for SuperEnduro owners.
dicky

Post by dicky »

Hey mate,sorry have only just seen your reply to the thread! Bike good thanks,done plenty miles but found it really hard work two up on way to Ecky Thump rally,took six and half hours! Might yet have to steal a Beemer gs 800.... How's your beast coming along?
dicky

Post by dicky »

Hi mate,me again! Sorry to be a pain but wilso has recommended you ( I've brought his old project Transalp) and would like to pick your brain again....all the indicators flash way too quickly,wilso thinks the koso affects them? Can I just buy a different part or something to cure it? Sorry to be cheeky but I'm stuck here,thanks!

Return to “TECHNICAL”