Replacement brake discs. KLV 1000

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Dysan

Re: Replacement brake discs. KLV 1000

Post by Dysan »

They are made in the uk. Some for the 950 arrived today. I need another set and will have to order them 3 weeks ahead so they can make them.
MythicalMouse

Post by MythicalMouse »

Come in a nice package like this Dyson ?

Australian flag neatly printed on the packet ..straight from Guang Zhou !

Marketing is almost as honest a trade as 'Real Estate' I am afraid mate !

DBFFSV103_sq.jpg
DBFFSV103_sq.jpg (91.48 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Companies will put them in whatever packet design you like ..lol !
Dysan

Post by Dysan »

Nope mine came in a poly bag, I've spoken to the owner a few times and he's a friend of a friend. The KTM 950 ones are certainly made in-house.
Dysan

Post by Dysan »

The steel probably comes from china or Russia though ;)
slimbo

Post by slimbo »

just to let you know i can supply new ebc ones for 150 each plus post..

and its nothing to do with my day job..
HAMMERHEAD wrote:Thanks for your help so far guys.

Mark & myth Mouse, Have been looking abroad but because the price is 99p above excise duty threshold, they've stacked a fair ammount of wonga on and then 20% import tax..Still works out a bit cheaper tho but I'm not to sure of the quality as they seem all to come from the China, Hong Kong market.

I have seen a set that are a fair price on the 'bay'. wavy look alikes (KAGIZUME), but they are I presume also from china. Whats the quality of steel like ? Also I read on some other Forums that wavey style discs are not all they are cut out to be, i.e the weight difference is minimal, no increase in stopping power or less brake fade and also the downside is because of the shape of the disc, they shredd your pads a lot quicker. So it seems that they only look better aesthetically (the jury out on that one with me though).

Has anyone got any more experience of the above style?

I'm on a budget at the moment and thinking of getting rid of the bike as soon as its MOT'd anyway, but didn't want to pass any crap on.

So basically I got a toss-up,I either:-
1. Get a cheapish pair of part worn ones that I havent really seen and just hope they are fine and will fit my bike.
OR
2. get a new pair of chinese, wavy look alikes, for about £60 more.. (probably go for this option.)

Thanks SLIMBO, will probably txt u a bit later to see whats on offer.

Also thanks Fried egg and Desert raider.. Much helpful all of you..

Regards Shaun

I do tend to waffle a bit, so I do apologize to all..
dutyhero a man for all seasons, widows consoled, virgins converted, housewives cuddled, an all round good guy
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

SLIMBO your a gentleman mate.I havent even met you and you did a little shop around for me. I apologize sincerely for not getting in touch sooner.
Unfortunately I have to put on hold at moment as the turbo on my car blew day before yesterday (FRENCH CRAP)!! A mate round the corner has his own engineering workshop and reckons he may be able to replace rivets/bobbins? so I gona give that a try for now as the money gotta go on the car at mo..
Thanks my man, and hope I havent messed you about. Cheers Fella.
Regards Shaun.
MythicalMouse

Post by MythicalMouse »

http://82motor.en.made-in-china.com/pro ... -2010.html

Well I found where mine came from ..lol ..they work well

Return to “TECHNICAL”