Six hours round a wet Lincolnshire

Where you've been and what you done
900Fantrider

Six hours round a wet Lincolnshire

Post by 900Fantrider »

Just had a great ride out considering the weather!

I havnt seen my bike for a couple of months as it ended up at my girlfiends parents after our trip to Italy in June although I did get a blast to Anglesey to price a job!

So Ive been working in Anglesey but I knew I would get to Hull this weekend so had planned a trip camping in Kettlewell,North Yorks with a bit of green laning chucked in, but didnt get away from Wales until Sat morning so missed out on Kettlewell.

So got back to Hull Sat pm and did all the family thing for the day and come rain or shine was having a ride today.

I find someone else who is in need of a ride out (Ian another Elefant rider). I dont relly enjoy road riding with others but Ive travelled across France with Ian 2 years ago and also did some fast passes in the Alps with him this year and we just seem to gel on the road

So 9am this morning I have slow ride down to his house in Lincoln. An hour of heavy rain but it felt good to be riding after 2 months. His Lucky Explorer was out in the drive and ready, so a quick coffee and a break in the rain he led me out of Lincoln via back roads twisting through little villages with thatched cottages and then a few faster twisty roads to the coast at Anderby Creek between Skegness and Mablethorpe, where a little cafe served up a great bacon sarnie! Followed by a quick walk accross the beach to the sea. I was amazed at how many wind turbines there are off that coast.

Back on the road and zigzagged through similar roads until he led me (by this time raining again quite heavily) to a layby cafe at North Willingham. Apparently on most weekends the layby is full of bikes but the girls in the cafe told us we where the first bikes there today at 1pm!

A coffee and a chat & farewells, I followed Ian for a while and then headed off back towards the Humber Bridge in pouring rain again, but just stuck to the back roads again crossing the bridge at 3pm. Then 5 mins back to the commonlawinlaws.

Ive only ever seen Lincolnshire from the main roads and was relly suprised at how little traffic and bike concious they where and how good the roads are with endless route option.

A great day out was had only covering 225 miles but I seemed to get in the "Zone" and stay in it for the day & as always I loved riding in the rain and it makes you so much better in the dry.

Sorry no piccies because my camera steamed up but heres one of our bikes in the Alps
P6260121.JPG
P6260121.JPG (260.72 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
[/img]

Next time I`ll lead Ian round East Yorkshire.
P6260121.JPG
Attachments
P6260121.JPG
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Alun

Re:Six hours round a wet Lincolnshire

Post by Alun »

Thanks for sharing that 900, and yes, if you're in the mood for a ride then the weather is irrelevant. We also had a fantastic ride out yesterday in the flood plains of the Cotwolds.
scouse

Post by scouse »

We had a bloody miserable ride on A roads from Milton Keynes to Derby. :(

Not good way to enjoy a ride being cold, wet, feeling miserable and hungover from partying all night at a bike rally. :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Wozzy

Post by Wozzy »

scouse wrote:

Not good way to enjoy a ride being cold, wet, feeling miserable and hungover from partying all night at a bike rally. :D
Scouse

Hope you've ordered the good weather for my ride home next weekend :woohoo: OH and for the rally as well :)
scouse

Post by scouse »

Wozzy wrote:
scouse wrote:

Scouse

Hope you've ordered the good weather for my ride home next weekend :woohoo: OH and for the rally as well :)
Goes without saying... we have sent Phil to the crossroads.. rubber chickens have been waved and don't forget your camera as this years theme for the charity collection is Rocky Horror Show ;)... I is already decided to be Eddy :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”