PEAKY BIKERS

Where you've been and what you done
scooby

PEAKY BIKERS

Post by scooby »

Morning everyone, went out for a ride yesterday in the Peaks with Rob from Peaky Bikers, i thought i had a reasonable knowledge of the area but i was amazed at Rob's knowledge of the lanes and local history of the land and villages (the Quiet Woman Pub stands out), some of the places we went and views we saw were excellent one being the view point looking at The Roaches, if anyone is thinking about using Peaky Bikers for a day out i advise do it!
Billy Bananahead

Re: PEAKY BIKERS

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Fair play to him. I go out and about up there quite a lot. Lovely area, especially off the beaten track.
The Quiet Woman pub, Earl Sterndale? There used to be a campsite at the back of the pub.
Peaky Biker 1

Post by Peaky Biker 1 »

scooby wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:25 am Morning everyone, went out for a ride yesterday in the Peaks with Rob from Peaky Bikers, i thought i had a reasonable knowledge of the area but i was amazed at Rob's knowledge of the lanes and local history of the land and villages (the Quiet Woman Pub stands out), some of the places we went and views we saw were excellent one being the view point looking at The Roaches, if anyone is thinking about using Peaky Bikers for a day out i advise do it!
Thanks Scooby was a pleasure guiding you round and such a beautiful day hope to see you again soon.
I'm available for guided tours Friday Saturday and Sundays initially as I get the venture up and running. Bookings available from the 25th June. The tours are approximately 2 to 3 hours in duration taking in lots of scenic back-roads and viewpoints with some great photo opportunities and cafe stops if you want them. With living and working across the whole of the peak district as a conservation adviser hopefully I can take you on some stunning less traveled roads through villages , hamlets and open landscapes, moorlands and dales etc and give you some insights into the heritage of the peaks. I'm charging £25 pp for the tours so hopefully it wont break the bank. Either send me a pm on here or contact me on [email protected] if of interest for further details.
Cheers
Rob
biker

Post by biker »

Good Morning Rob - just to say we both really enjoyed the ride-out with you yesterday and here are my observations for your web-site and relevant forums.

We met Rob at Hartington - an easy going and laid back guy who told us where we would be going and what to expect in relation to the roads, terrain, expected duration of the ride and stop off for refreshments etc.,

We travelled on country lanes wherever possible through sleepy unspoilt villages and along minor roads which led us to see some diverse scenery from the Roaches in Staffordshire having wide ranging views across to Manchester and the hills of Wales along with the landscape of the South Western Peaks and enjoyed a wonderful ride along a Limestone Gorge. There was little traffic to spoil the ride, the scenery and the experience.

We enjoyed regular stops to admire the views and to learn about the area, the specific hills and outcrops, the folk lore and the places of interest. We also learnt about the work that is being done in the Peaks to support local farmers and habitats - benefitting from Robs local knowledge and the conservation work he carries out…it was so much more than just a ride out.

An excellent stop off at Flash provided a wide range of hot and cold savoury and sweet options and the portions were very generous. Definitely one to return too.

All in all three and a half hours were spent with Rob and it was a most enjoyable time all round. I have worked in Derbyshire for many years and it was a delight to find such beautiful and unspoilt places I really appreciated these hidden gems.

It was a great experience - relaxing, informative and thoroughly enjoyable and we look forward to many more ride outs with Rob in other parts of the County.
I AM THAT I AM
Peaky Biker 1

Post by Peaky Biker 1 »

Thank you both , was an absolute pleasure showing you round, really enjoyable morning and great company. Thank you for all the positive feedback and suggestions, really helpful. I'm more than happy to show you the other routes and will be in touch soon to organise.
Cheers
Peaky Biker 1

Post by Peaky Biker 1 »

Midweek tours now available whilst summer lasts ! Pm for details or email [email protected]

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”