Ride to Walkers Cafe Mildenhall

Where you've been and what you done
dibbs

Ride to Walkers Cafe Mildenhall

Post by dibbs »

So today me and a mate rode from Braintree to Barton Mills via roads and lanes, it was very muddy and wet in most places. I was going to take the Africa twin out but now very glad I didn't, as some of the muddy lanes im sure would have been way to slippy for my Karoo 3's and my skill level and it could have been a very long day!!! it took us three hours to ride it and was about 60 miles I took the Husky 450 and my mate was on a 300 two stroke, which as it turned out both bikes were superb for this stuff. It got me thinking about some of the ride reports on other sites about guys riding thousands of miles on Ktm 500 exc's and others using them as mini adventure bikes and I think they are onto something as the smaller bike can be used all year round for riding. On the way home we stuck to just back roads at about 50-55 mph and it was fine (apart from my seat, see separate post!) I will never know if the AT would have got round but im fairly sure I would still be out there pushing it up some god forsaken muddy lane cursing as to why I didn't use the smaller bike! We also came across a fallen tree and were able to lay and slide the bikes under it whereas with the big bikes it would mean a definite ride back to the road and find another way! I guess its part of the adventure but i'll never know now! but a brilliant day out and glad I took the husky.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hZCNjJ]Image
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hZCNjJ]
Steve 63

Re: Ride to Walkers Cafe Mildenhall

Post by Steve 63 »

I was on that lane today on my dr350 I went round it just to the left of the tree in and out of the ditch. That was low to go under :D
The rest of the lanes were very wet
Steve 63

Post by Steve 63 »

I was chatting to a couple of riders on Huskies about my mates crf 250 . That wasn't you was it?
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Hahahahahaha yes that was us Steve! How long did your mates take to ride back and around the road? Just after you rode of my bike was completley dead! The button just wouldnt work so with no kicker i just starting jiggling wires and it fired up! No further issue all day! Good to bump into another ABR rider out and about 😊
Steve 63

Post by Steve 63 »

He eventually popped back in further down the lane.
All that bloody water must have messed with your electrics :D
See you about maybe, we had just come from Tarka's cafe at Baythorne after breakfast on our way back to Stowmarket
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Had a guided day up there a few Novembers ago. A great time but the sand in Thetford Forest was new to us and ‘interesting’.
You have some brilliant lanes.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

DavidS wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:01 am Had a guided day up there a few Novembers ago. A great time but the sand in Thetford Forest was new to us and ‘interesting’.
You have some brilliant lanes.
Yes the sand does take some getting used to! where i am in Essex its all clay! either rock hard or really sticky and wet so sand was a sort of welcome challenge lol...... shout if you ever want another trip up Thetford way, im sure a few of us will get out. :D
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Sounds like East Sussex but we also get skating rink chalk. :o
Thanks for the offer.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”