A wee bit nippy - cold ride to Strontian

Where you've been and what you done
catcitrus

Re: A wee bit nippy - cold ride to Strontian

Post by catcitrus »

I took my 600 transalp out yesterday for a spin--relaxed and comfortable--perfect middleweight that will do some trails (with the right tyres). It lives outside--and starts on the button(twin plugs). It cost 1k and has about 40k dry miles on it--also the valve clearances are normal adjusters, it takes 3 litres of oil(hence they last). You'll do a lot worse than searching and finding a good one. People think they are dull--I think because they are smooth, do everything pretty well, handle well etc--the bike will cruise well above the legal limit if required, but it does generate a more relaxed frame of mind--and really requires minimal maintenance. I also have a CB500 (old generation)--another great middleweight-lower and lighter than the Alp--but they do go rather well (there is a race series for them)--again, put a decent screen on it and it can be used in all weathers--mine was less than 500 quid but required a little bit of work--and again there are a few good ones out there--both built when Honda quality was at its peak. However, I can't knock Enfield for the Himalayan--and the Interceptor is not a lot more.
paulcobb72

Re: A wee bit nippy - cold ride to Strontian

Post by paulcobb72 »

Flintlock wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:18 pm Great report and pictures as usual. Love Scotland. That wee road going down the Etive Glen is lovely.

Got out yesterday myself, a wee bit cold but great to be out.

Strangford Lough, Co Down

I cannot agree more... :D

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”