Gran Canaria Riding Nirvana!

Where you've been and what you done
dibbs

Gran Canaria Riding Nirvana!

Post by dibbs »

Right dont tell everybody about this but i've just had one of the best riding days ever on this fantastic island. Hiring a GS650 from a shop (BM Bikes) near Playa del Ingles in the South for the day i managed probably about 150 or so km's and hardly went over 40mph all day and never really hit a straight road! the island inland roads are like a deserted race track with constant twisty roads of superb quality tarmac everywhere i went! the bike was very good and didn't miss a beat even though it had a reported 70,000km's on the clock! so it just shows that you dont need the latest bit of kit for an adventure! and the views from everywhere were incredible. I've ridden in the Pyrenees and the Picos and would say that this is as good a place as any of them, and can be ridden all year round. I will definitely be going back for more... Here's just a few pics of what to expect. :D

Tramp

Re: Gran Canaria Riding Nirvana!

Post by Tramp »

May a 1000 fleas infest you bed for letting everyone know... Its cold and wet here and the plain resembles the somme..
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Hahahahahaha well we'll be back to the Plain next spring and will tap you up for another guided tour russ...... but revenge is yours because we cant seem to get a santander ferry for june next year less than £900.00!!!!!! Return for two :cry:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

What about bilbao? Maybe it's the return crossing... Bummer if its full...
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Tramp wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:15 pm What about bilbao? Maybe it's the return crossing... Bummer if its full...
Bilbao seems around the same price! so does May and September as we are flexible but that seems to be the price for all crossings unless we perhaps go from Plymouth!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

dibbs wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:28 am
Tramp wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:15 pm What about bilbao? Maybe it's the return crossing... Bummer if its full...
Bilbao seems around the same price! so does May and September as we are flexible but that seems to be the price for all crossings unless we perhaps go from Plymouth!
Think we need a lorry transporter Company to start doing a delivery service to N Spain or S France, then fly down! ;)

Or maybe a van transporter, 4 bikes and the riders??
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Right dont tell everybody about this but i've just had one of the best riding days ever on this fantastic island.
That's the Winter sun location sorted.... :lol:

Just need to find something to keep Herself occupied for a couple of days...!! Any recommendations?
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Actually Steve the bike in a van/lorry idea is a good one, certainly if enough people pay to get their bikes down to northern spain, then they can fly in on a cheap flight to a regional airport and hey presto!!! right who's got a lorry???? (Tramp you up for it lol...) :D
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

dibbs wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:49 am Actually Steve the bike in a van/lorry idea is a good one, certainly if enough people pay to get their bikes down to northern spain, then they can fly in on a cheap flight to a regional airport and hey presto!!! right who's got a lorry???? (Tramp you up for it lol...) :D
I wondered about how many bikes I could squeeze onto the pickup bed on my DC Ranger a couple of years ago ;)

Reckoned on 3 with some small mod to strengthen the tailgate!! :lol: :D
paulcobb72

Post by paulcobb72 »

Very nice place and nice pictures mate.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”