The Dolomites, four men, six countries one small bike

Where you've been and what you done
Geecee68

Re: The Dolomites, four men, six countries one small bike

Post by Geecee68 »

It's lovely to read this! I've bought the CRF250 Rally that Slowboy used in this trip and it makes me happy to see how well it made the trip. I hope to be taking it South to the Pyrenees later this year.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Great ride report and inspirational, thats some serious milage on a Rally :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

A great start to a cool and slightly damp morning in the UK which brings back lots of fantastic memories of our own and reignites the spark for possibly revisiting :D .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Great report and proof that you can do big adventures on little bikes. Well done!
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:38 am Great ride report and inspirational, thats some serious milage on a Rally :)
To be honest it runs better that it did when I got it at six months old (I know I would say that, I've just sold it 😁) and feels like it'll go on and on for a considerable time. It was a fantastic trip and the only thing the Rally won't do is bomb up the motorway at 90. It'll do 70 all day long on the speedo but it's happy between 55 and 65. It's needed nothing but routine maintenance, and when I did the valves at 16,000 miles, only the exhausts were just a bit tight.
It was a fine bike for the back roads and byways of Europe. It's been in the Picos, over the Pyrenees, over the alps and through the Dolomites, not to mention all over the UK. I will miss it terribly, it's probably the only bike I've kitted properly for traveling. Sadly the blooming virus and my health condition has me grounded for the foreseeable and I thought someone else should be out there on it rather than it being sat in the garage. I hope it does as good service for him as it did for me :D
I've still got my Super Cub, C90 and my 2000 Fazer 600.πŸ‘ And the Super Cub is ready for some serious miles, when I can finally get out.🀞
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub

Return to β€œRIDE REPORTS”