Two Stroke RD250LC Cat and Fiddle, Matlock Monyash an the Peak District

Where you've been and what you done
adventure steele

Two Stroke RD250LC Cat and Fiddle, Matlock Monyash an the Peak District

Post by adventure steele »

Rd250lc!!! Had an amazing day out yesterday :)

Started off on the cat and fiddle then Headed off into the Peak District on board footage on my 250lc.

Then some of dad on his Gsxr following my Elsie,

Monyash for food and to check out all the other classics then Matlock then back to Monyash

An a cool stop in a place called Little Longstone where I talked about the trip about 250 miles or so of tiny country roads super fun!

Never put the camera on dad's Gsxr 750 before, sorry for the wind noise it's cool to see though how the LC really pulls through the bends from behind she's super at home on those tight twisties, plenty of go on the straights as well though.

No music on this one the Elsie in the band is music enough :)

Hope you all enjoy still getting used to making videos on my ol' 2009 computer haha.

Gonna miss my Elsie when she's gone owned her for so long now.

Itching to get started on my other one though that I've had since I was 16 I'm 30 now :) out again on Friday with my dad's bro on his Kettle!

daveuprite

Re: Two Stroke RD250LC Cat and Fiddle, Matlock Monyash an the Peak District

Post by daveuprite »

Good vid. Great to see someone taking the wrapper off a Mars Bar... :D

And good to see someone your age enjoying an 80s classic, instead of the usual crusty grey restoration brigade.
adventure steele

Thanks mate :D I've done 2000+ on her now since I did the top end oil pump an a general refresh :D so much fun always funny taking the helmet off when I pull up haha :lol:
adventure steele

Ended up out again :) some more GoPro footage on my 1982 Yamaha Rd250lc! On the Cat and Fiddle and another Peak District road such a great ride out with dad in tow on his GSX-R 750 K9.

Had a beautiful Classic Norton behind us at one point with a awesome rider on it! Shout out to you if you are watching.

More footage coming later in the week :) really cranking the miles on.

Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

nice to see the oldun
I would suggest you take care what you actually video post as it could be evidence ( know what I mean)
Very nice
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
adventure steele

Hi mate only doing max 50 mph in a 50 can clearly see the speedo :) at most points in the video I'm actually doing 30 mid corner then throttling off at 45mph never sped in my entire life on public roads what race tracks are for! Own an use a 675 Daytona race bike. That's the great thing about the chest view an the gopro makes it look really cool as it exaggerates the body shifts which makes it look like you are propper leaning :lol:

Done about 2,500 miles on the elsie now. Added another 500 miles over the past week.

Wish I could sus out why youtube is destroying the quality though! Such an absolute pain looks ok till it re processes it.

Hoping to do a ride out with my uncle on friday he will be out on his kettle so more classic two strokes smoking about :)
adventure steele

Probably my last ride out today on the 250 LC before I advertise her next week gutter but such is life had a run out to Monyash an actually ended up on a bit of gravel haha which was interesting to say the least for me an my uncle who was on a GT750 Kettle the Elsie did it admirably

Anyone local be aware they are redoing the monyash road with that horrible chipping stuff again gutter!!

Did a few other back roads on the way home Elsie ran like a dream as per usual.

Just glad I've got another one in bits that I've had since I was 22 so at least I wont be elsie less although it'l take a while to get it on the road funds wise.

Hope you all enjoy the vid an my lil joke about bmw's an gravel haha :) (ex bmw gsa owner)

Working on getting the upload quality better bit by bit
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Great vid that, loved my rd.....in my day you could have one on a provisional licence, brilliant :D
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Got to admit the sound of that 250cc is intoxicating I can almost smell it from my couch hmmmm
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
adventure steele

Cheers guys could be next to your sofa mate ;)

Although they deserve to be ridden an alot! Gonna be for sale over the next couple of weeks been an absolute blast over the past year to ride. Redundancy although freeing time up to sort some stuff out. Sucks from a funds point of view luckily I've got another rd250lc I've had since i was 21 an a 350lc since 16 that are both in a million bits so hoping to get those a bit more together once this ones sold.

Think I've had it for about 6 years now all it needed was a top end rebore an the oil pump rebuilt by a pro as they are set up to new specs on the pumps. Then I started putting nos parts on master cylinder etc which it's got a fair few an a uk spec gen kyoto headlight with a Nos bowl, exhausts an carbs. + other stuff genuine cables, genuine clutch pack all mounts up.

German bikes originally are fitted with 4l2 restricted exhausts and carbs, I put the uk 4l1 vaqua blasted carbs and correct green spot thick flange 4l0 250lc uk spec exhausts on this one which are mint. Should be a smattering of green parts on them as well.

Lot's of people get mugged with elsie exhausts 350lc wise as both the 250 and 350 lc ones are stamped 4l0, its down to a paint dot and a 0 stamped on the inside of the exhausts. I wrote a article for the club magazine on it a few years back.

Huge difference in performance between the 4l2 restricted items and the 4l0/4l0 carbs an pipes.

If you ever come to get one worth looking for a tie bar one with matching numbers and no crank case damage so many have thrown the chains.

Just watching a white import 1981 250lc ending on ebay tonight that's in far worse condition than mine that's up to 4,200 an not registered in the uk so will be interesting to see what it goes for as I was a bit outta touch with the prices.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”