Ho Hum

Where you've been and what you done
herman

Ho Hum

Post by herman »

Today was to be a nice long dirt ride on the 500. Garden and house chores done, wife at work, bike fettled complete with new plastic box on the back all was good. It started well with a few lanes near Salisbury but then I picked the wrong rut like you do and paddled along until a nice loop of barbed wire took a hold of the bike. Luckily I heard it early but it still took half an hour to get free. ImageDSC01810 by herman munster, on Flickr Still no damage done so all was still rosy. ImageDSC01808 by herman munster, on Flickr Did Stratford Tony, and both droves ending at the racecourse and headed north towards Imber and the Plain. ImageDSC01811 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC01814 by herman munster, on Flickr Then it went to shit quite frankly. The rear shock seal blew and I started pogoing along, ok turn for home then...….bloody puncture hit the rear then! I limped home (TKC was good did not even break the bead with no air) and got pulled by a nice policeman ! He was ok though and directed me to the nearest garage which I ignored as there was no pumping that up I had already tried ImageDSC01816 by herman munster, on Flickr Could of been worse I guess it could of been in the mountains in June, still hacked off though. :( Oh and the puncture was a strand of barbed wire within the tyre and I still cant find the entry wound but its fixed now unlike the shock.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
boboneleg

Re: Ho Hum

Post by boboneleg »

See that nice new box you've got , you need to keep an air compressor in there, that's where mine lives :lol:

Sorry to hear about your shock seal but it just goes to prove that Honda are making appalling shocks on their bikes nowadays :cry:
one-legged adventurer
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

herman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:25 pm Today was to be a nice long dirt ride on the 500. Garden and house chores done, wife at work, bike fettled complete with new plastic box on the back all was good. It started well with a few lanes near Salisbury but then I picked the wrong rut like you do and paddled along until a nice loop of barbed wire took a hold of the bike. Luckily I heard it early but it still took half an hour to get free. ImageDSC01810 by herman munster, on Flickr Still no damage done so all was still rosy. ImageDSC01808 by herman munster, on Flickr Did Stratford Tony, and both droves ending at the racecourse and headed north towards Imber and the Plain. ImageDSC01811 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC01814 by herman munster, on Flickr Then it went to shit quite frankly. The rear shock seal blew and I started pogoing along, ok turn for home then...….bloody puncture hit the rear then! I limped home (TKC was good did not even break the bead with no air) and got pulled by a nice policeman ! He was ok though and directed me to the nearest garage which I ignored as there was no pumping that up I had already tried ImageDSC01816 by herman munster, on Flickr Could of been worse I guess it could of been in the mountains in June, still hacked off though. :( Oh and the puncture was a strand of barbed wire within the tyre and I still cant find the entry wound but its fixed now unlike the shock.
Yup I've had days like that😎😎

In fact in the middle of a year like that..

Still at least you got out today, and a relatively easy fix.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

It just goes to show that you don’t have to go far to have an adventure!!

Hopefully Mr Honda and his warranty will be able to help with your pogo stick?
herman

Post by herman »

boboneleg wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:28 pm See that nice new box you've got , you need to keep an air compressor in there, that's where mine lives :lol:

Sorry to hear about your shock seal but it just goes to prove that Honda are making appalling shocks on their bikes nowadays :cry:
It's an aftermarket shock with less than 3k on it Bob and the airman is in the box but the tube was shot. I did have the means to sort it but CBA set in.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Some familiar lanes there.

I remember Honda shocks always were rubbish...on my CB 200 they both exploded in unison as I rounded a corner...the simultaneous loss of traction and damping was as excellent test of my riding ability.

Then there were the FVQ shocks (fade very quickly) fitted to the SuperDream....

And as for a warranty claim on that..."I'm sorry sir, you have subjected your trail bike to unfair use because you've bee using it for trail-riding."
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

herman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:18 pm

It's an aftermarket shock with less than 3k on it Bob and the airman is in the box but the tube was shot. I did have the means to sort it but CBA set in.
Blimey, bad news all round. I didn't think it would be like you not to go prepared
one-legged adventurer
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Gotta say that bike looks proper neat H
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That is an unfortunate combo of events, do you have tyre goo in the tube?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
herman

Post by herman »

Brenhden wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 am That is an unfortunate combo of events, do you have tyre goo in the tube?
I don't , got some on the shelf at home though :oops:

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”